Cloning radios

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kel

Just wondering if when the Shack radios come out in the fall if we will be able to clone for example a PSR-600 to the new Shack handheld.Everything seems the same in the FCC website for manuals,just a thought.

DickH

Just wondering if when the Shack radios come out in the fall if we will be able to clone for example a PSR-600 to the new Shack handheld.Everything seems the same in the FCC website for manuals,just a thought.

Ask GRE.

n0lqt

Probably not. The GRE PSR-300 and the Radio Shack Pro-164 are virtually identical, but they won't seem to talk to each other. Each one expects a certain response when they enter handshake over the PC/IF. If they don't get the right response, no go....

RadMarv

Premium Subscriber
Probably not. The GRE PSR-300 and the Radio Shack Pro-164 are virtually identical, but they won't seem to talk to each other. Each one expects a certain response when they enter handshake over the PC/IF. If they don't get the right response, no go....

Using WIN97 it should be possible to CLONE a GSR PSR-300 and the PRO-164. However, I've not done it but you I would believe you should be able to download from one and upload to the other.

DonS should be able to verify this. And also verify if the WIN500 program could be updated to do the same.

Eng74

Using WIN97 it should be possible to CLONE a GSR PSR-300 and the PRO-164. However, I've not done it but you I would believe you should be able to download from one and upload to the other.

DonS should be able to verify this. And also verify if the WIN500 program could be updated to do the same.

That is not a cloneing radio to radio. I would bet there will be an update to WIN500 just like there was to WIN97 with the box where you mark which radio it is for.

wlmr

DonS should be able to verify this.
And also verify if the WIN500 program could be updated to do the same.

Wouldn't be suprised to note the major programming authors may not chime in on this. If the companies are on the ball and arrange for them to see the scanners & software first there's likely to be conditions on what they can say before the scanners are released.

Don't ya just hate waiting & wondering?

Status
Not open for further replies.