close call 108.2083mhz

Status
Not open for further replies.

nautlynch

I'm wondering why i'm getting this frequency so strongly inside the lower level of my house (below street level), I don't hear any modulating but all the bars are lit up on the graph and it won't squelch away either.

ecps92

FM Radio station near-by? :confused:

I'm wondering why i'm getting this frequency so strongly inside the lower level of my house (below street level), I don't hear any modulating but all the bars are lit up on the graph and it won't squelch away either.

nautlynch

Is cable TV at 108mhz? Maybe it's a neighbors FM MP3 transmitter for the car but it would have to be modified for that much distance.

nasadave

My guess is that it is really a harmonic you are hearing from some other device, which means it might not necessarily be a radio transmitter. Check some of these and see if you hear it there as well:

K9WG

HRC Cable channel 98 108.0054Mhz

This is the video carrier so you probably wouldn't hear anything if indeed you are receiving it from your cable system.

mancow

Database Admin
Cable sometimes has used this freq range for leakage testing carriers. Ours had a weird sweeping tone all the time.

K9WG

mancow

Good point. Leakage signals can be anywhere.

Another question for the OP, is there another receiver in the area? I had a satellite receiver that had a very strong signal on 146.76Mhz.

ecps92

Any luck yet?

Try shutting off all the power to the house and run the [hope it's a portable] scanner on the battery, see if it's still there.

If not then, one room/breaker at a time restore power and see which room
restores the interference. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.