Close call autostore - 996XT question

Status
Not open for further replies.

neilbell

Wading through the horrible twiki documentation I can not find any reference to how to turn on CC Auto Store or designate which system should be used to store any hits.

I sure hope that someone at Uniden has plans to write a real user manual for this scanner !!

Neil Bell

neilbell

But it does not tell you how!

It explains CC auto store - I found that BUT it doesn't tell you how to turn it on! I finally got an answer on Yahoo Groups.

That wiki documentation is horrible to wade thru..

Neil

dlnorth

According to the TWiki, there is a "Found Channels" group, where found channels are supposed to be stored, up to the max number is the CC options (I think default is 100). When I look at my database, there is no "Found Channels" group.

There is also mention of a temporary system, where the 10 most recent CC hits are stored. I also see no such system in my database.

Lastly, there are two modes listed for the CC in the TWiki, under the CC Modes section...CC DND and CC PRI, however there is also mention of a CC Only mode at the top of the page, but no mention of that mode under the "CC MODES" section, or any other information regarding how to use it. So, are there two modes or three, and how do you activate the Close Call Only mode?

If someone could please clarify these issues, I would greatly appreciate it.

ddb

Premium Subscriber
The groups don't get created until something gets stored in them.

At least that was my experience with a similar "search and store" function on my 396T. My 396XT isn't going to show up until Friday (snow permitting), so I cannot verify.

Turn on the function, have it find and store a frequency, and then look for the group. I'll bet you it's there.

Maybe I'm more adventurous, but I tend to just turn things on and off and mess around with it until I understand how it works. With all of your memory backed up on the computer, there's no reason to worry about what might happen.

dlnorth

The groups don't get created until something gets stored in them.

At least that was my experience with a similar "search and store" function on my 396T. My 396XT isn't going to show up until Friday (snow permitting), so I cannot verify.

Turn on the function, have it find and store a frequency, and then look for the group. I'll bet you it's there.

Maybe I'm more adventurous, but I tend to just turn things on and off and mess around with it until I understand how it works. With all of your memory backed up on the computer, there's no reason to worry about what might happen.

I found 20+ channels using close call, but I don't see where they are stored in the scanner anywhere. I downloaded all of the systems using Proscan, but the only ones there are the ones that I created myself.

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
That system is only created during search and store. If you want to save a hit you got while scanning other things, press E when the scanner is on the hit.

dlnorth

Ok, so an unattended search and store would not be possible then, I take it? That is what I was looking to do. I wanted to let the scanner find new frequencies and store them, along with recorded audio for me to evaluate later. I would then go back and delete the frequencies which were of no interest to me, based on what I heard on the recordings.

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
Unattended search and store is possible with Close Call. But, it cannot record the audio (as soon as it registers the hit it resumes Close Call and ignores any further hits on that frequency).

Status
Not open for further replies.