Close Call on HP-1 a possibility??

Status
Not open for further replies.

captaincraig44

Premium Subscriber
Is there hope that there could be a firmware update in the future (Extreme Upgrade even) that might include the Close Call feature for the HP-1? I'm pretty sure there is no additional hardware required, so it should be a possibility, right??? For how much I am traveling, this an exceptional scanner. This coming from a long time PSR-500 user. The Close Call feature would be a nice finishing touch.

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
No chance. Hardware is required and cannot be added by a firmware update.

exkalibur

Premium Subscriber
You have to remember the target market for the HP scanner. The type of user it caters to only cares about putting in their location and letting the radio figure out the rest. It's not for the user who wants to tinker. That's likely why CC wasn't included.

KE4ZNR

Radio Geek
Premium Subscriber
You have to remember the target market for the HP scanner. The type of user it caters to only cares about putting in their location and letting the radio figure out the rest. It's not for the user who wants to tinker. That's likely why CC wasn't included.

Regular HP I agree with you is great for "plug and play" novice users.
But as I have proven in the T88 thread HP-1 Extreme Upgrade gives many tools for those advanced users (like you and I) that like to tinker. :)
Happy Monitoring
Marshall KE4ZNR

W6KRU

Regular HP I agree with you is great for "plug and play" novice users.
But as I have proven in the T88 thread HP-1 Extreme Upgrade gives many tools for those advanced users (like you and I) that like to tinker. :)
Happy Monitoring
Marshall KE4ZNR

The OP was about close call and Paul answered that. No, not a possibility.

Status
Not open for further replies.