Close Call on the XT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tsch6373

I was traveling in another town and was curious about what freqs were in the area and l hit the CC on the radio. It got lots of hits, and now I cannot get rid of them! They become part of the scanned freq list and I don't want that. Does anyone know how to get them to . . . GO AWAY? Is there a printable USABLE user's guide for this radio? I have no idea what the symbols on the keypad are for or how to use them. I programmed the radio by d/l from my 'T' and u/l to the XT. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

kilowa22

I was traveling in another town and was curious about what freqs were in the area and l hit the CC on the radio. It got lots of hits, and now I cannot get rid of them! They become part of the scanned freq list and I don't want that. Does anyone know how to get them to . . . GO AWAY? Is there a printable USABLE user's guide for this radio? I have no idea what the symbols on the keypad are for or how to use them. I programmed the radio by d/l from my 'T' and u/l to the XT. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Menu > Program System > Close Call

or

Menu > Program System > Qck Save Cnv System
See the 346XT complete reference:
http://info.uniden.com/twiki/pub/UnidenMan4/BC346XT/BC346XT_Complete_Reference.pdf

Last edited:

Tsch6373

Thank you Kilowa22, while going thru the menu, I found just what you mention here. I moved the hits to a group within a system that I'd forgotten I had already labeled CC Hits.

Cybertron

Is that the way you get Close Call to record hits, by setting up a group called "CC Hits"? So far I haven't found any recorded hits. Also, is anyone from Prince William County, VA reading this? I pass by Prince William Police all the time with no CC hits. My scanner picks up and tracks the conversations, but I am not getting anything from cruisers in plane view. What if I buy a battery powered cable TV signal amp and make my own awesome antenna? Would that make CC on my BCD396XT more sensitive? I'm talking a 20 to 28 dB gain.

Cybertron

Yea! I had the same experience. You get hits & they go to your scanning list and you can't get rid of them. Heres what to do: Click your MENU button. Scroll to CLOSE CALL. Click CLOSE CALL. Scroll to HITS WITH SCAM. Select it Scroll to SET LOCKOUT. Click it. Scroll to LOCKOUT. Click (select) it. DONE! They won't bother you again.

I have another important bit of information for those who are very disappointed with Close Call. I found that it wouldn't detect a police cruiser transmission if I stood next to the cruiser! However, I discovered that if you hook 2 (not one but two) GRE Super Amplifiers in series to a broad range, high gain antenna, you get complete command of close call. I tuned out every frequency but cop frequencies, set my Close Call to alarm and I have the ultimate cop detector. I can pick up cops 5 miles away. I set my sacanner too Close Call and listen to the trucker CB frequency. I am hitting 100 %. Here is the best way of setting the level on you amps. Go to close Call only & observe the strength of the frequencies you are scannin. Gradually raise the gain on eac amp alternating so that they share the load. Keep going till you get a hit. Then back off each amp a tiny bit. Hit the SCAN button and you are good to go. The truckers CB will keep you advised of where smokey is and you Close Call alarm will sound if smokey gets within 2 miles of you.

If you like this idea, buy your GRE Super Amp soon. There is legislation being crafted to remove all broad band amps from the market.

Status
Not open for further replies.