Close Call

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stick0413

Premium Subscriber
So I just got into Albuquerque a little while ago and my friend, his girl friend and I decide to try to find a place to drink a few (long day figured we would drink a few and come back). Well from what the guy at the hotel said the area isn't that bad until you get closer to downtown. So we decided to walk, we had walked about a half a mile and this guy on a bike passes us. He was on a cell phone and everything so we didn't pay it much mind. Well he turned around and started riding back. Saying how nice a night it was and blah, blah, blah. He then started to do figure 8s in the road near where we were walking on the sidewalk. We quickly went to this hotel that was right next to where we were and called a cab. That is when I thought about what he was saying on the cell phone when he first rode by. He said "I am bringing them to you", now hearing that alone doesn't mean a thing but putting it together it was most likely him talking to his thug boys saying that he was bringing us to them. When we were in the cab we told the cab driver what had happened and he seemed shocked of where it happened. Said that the area we were in is actually a better area and that seemed more in line with being closer to downtown. I guess we can chalk it up as a lesson learned and be glad nothing happened.

af5rn

ROFL@donkey show! :lol:

That would have been a positive ending compared to the possibilities. I had a guy come up to my car one night and start small talking about what a nice evening it was, then pull a gun on me and try to rob me. I would have preferred the donkey show.

letarotor

Premium Subscriber
Hey Aaron, good for you guys for being aware of your surroundings. Most people would just keep walking oblivious to the danger and become yet another victim. I'm out a lot at night due to my job and walk the dog around the hood late at night also. I pitty the fool who tries sticking a gun in my face, they will most likely get introduced to the business end of one of my constant partners and friends, either Mr. KelTec or Mr. Glockenstein!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.