Close Call

Status
Not open for further replies.

gus426

I'm not to sure if its something I'm doing or a setting I may have changed but I can't seem to get close call to acknowledge it found a frequency even keying up a FRS frequency right next to it. I see activity in the bands on band 6 where the FRS frequencies are but it never says CC found. Its worked before now I can't get to work. Any Ideas what's wrong or what I may have done? I have the scanner in close call mode only.

Thanks

Gus

tilt404

I'm not sure if you have CC DND enabled where it won't even disturb you of things it finds.

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
CC DND doesn't work that way. CC Priority will check for CC hits even when receiving a transmission on a programmed channel. CC DND only looks for CC hits when nothing else is being received.

If you avoid a CC hit, the scanner will stop registering hits on that frequency. So if you previously avoided a FRS freq because a neighbor kid was broadcasting fart noises on it, then you will never get another CC hit on that freq until you un-avoid it.

gus426

ok its picking up vhf frequencies on close call but not uhf....FRS or Gmrs frequencies. I wonder what I did to cause that....

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
You probably have some custom bands set up in Broadcast Screen blocking Close Call from looking at some frequencies. Try turning OFF broadcast screen. It blocks Close Call from looking in certain frequency ranges (defaults to the normal TV/radio broadcast bands).

gus426

BCD396XT Close Call Working Now

You probably have some custom bands set up in Broadcast Screen blocking Close Call from looking at some frequencies. Try turning OFF broadcast screen. It blocks Close Call from looking in certain frequency ranges (defaults to the normal TV/radio broadcast bands).

Thank you so much Jon your reply worked you made my day, Close call is back to working like it was before,

Gus

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.