Close HP tower 6-7 miles away 100,000 watt cause a inrush of static on my conventional frequencies?

Status
Not open for further replies.

crippledchicken

Premium Subscriber
I seem to notice this problem when there's HP transmissions going on latter in the day and evening not so much, late at night and early morning when HP action is of very little. SDS200 Thanks :) I've tried all filters. The HP is on the (MOSWIN)

crippledchicken

Premium Subscriber
Maximum legal power for medium-wave AM broadcast is 50kw (50,000 watts) OP probably means 100 watts. Is it static or digital data noise?
It's loud crackling static that sometimes goes away, during the conv. transmission that's what makes me think it's the HP and when their transmission stops, so does my interference Just a guess on my part. :)

mancow

Database Admin
Well what freqs are you getting interference on and what are are the moswin site freqs? Compare them for potential conflicts and work from there.

crippledchicken

Premium Subscriber
155.55 154.875 152.405, are the frequencies that are affected The HP frequencies are listed as 155.43, 172.4625, 170.4625, 155.325, 154.98, 169.8875

crippledchicken

Premium Subscriber
I think I'll put my sds200 on hold on one of the problem frequencies then, hook up another scanner and just see when HP transmits on scanner #2 if it effects my conv. frequency on the sds200 might be worth a try. :)

crippledchicken

Premium Subscriber
Well, since I was getting full 5 bars before, I installed new coax I think the problem must be the excess coax all coiled up on my porch plus, I just spliced into the very old probably 15ft. section hanging down from the Radio Shack Discone antenna which, by now could have connection problems also. I've got to wait til I can get one of my grandsons to drop by when they are not working and help me get the antenna down and run the new coax without the splice since I made sure I got enough because the way I had it was just meant to be temporary. My WS 1065 Whisler won't pick up the conv. without lots of noise and won't pick up my local weather anymore either. It's pretty amazing, how all the MOSWIN stuff is coming in just fine so, that leads me to believe that it is more the position, coils, etc. of the coax than actual connection problems. I appreciate all the help folks! (y)

Status
Not open for further replies.