CM200? Junk?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tophtoh

OK, my EMS just got a 2006 new rig in. It's a nice rig but they were showing it off at the station and it has a CM200 in it! In the back of the rig all they have is a portable BPR40! Talk about cheap... they are on 453.0375 023 Ch. 1, Ch. 2 is 461.0375 also 023. and they have 463.0 also 023 to talk to the hospital. But my point is, is aren't they kind of cheap radios for an EMS service?

SLWilson

Depends....

I suppose it depends on your needs. Motorola is pretty good equipment. Their website says this about the mobile:

Every business depends on clear communication to succeed. When it comes to two-way radio communication, you want your radios to have all the essential elements to communicate loud and clear every time. . .The CM Series mobile radios from Motorola have been designed and engineered with the following seven essential elements to provide you with radios that meet your specific communication needs; Value, Reliability, Ease of Use, Audio Quality, Size and Weight, Programmable, and Range

If you just need low wattage, short distance communications, I'd say it's an OK radio. Now, if you need MULTIPLE frequencies and LONG RANGE communications, you're probably in trouble.

About the radio in the back, Motorola says:

Mag One™ by Motorola BPR™40 Portable Two Way Radio is a radio portfolio at an incredible value and price that is perfect for your business. The Mag One™ by Motorola BPR™40 Portable Two Way Radio offers affordable communications with a complete assortment of accessories to customize your radio. So when you select the Mag One™ by Motorola BPR™40 Portable Two Way Radio, you will experience a reliable, easy to use two-way radio at a great value. Motorola is excited to offer an affordable, high-performance communication tool that offers enhanced value and a reliable solution for you with great quality backed by Motorola service and a 1-year limited radio warranty...

Again, it's all about your NEEDS and what your local government can afford!!!!

We call those kinds of radios "throw away" units. If something much goes wrong with it, just trash it & get another one. At the price you can get another one for, they aren't worth fixing.

The "full function" fancy-dandy mobiles from Motorola are getting more and more expensive. It costs to MAINTAIN them, you can't just throw them away when they don't work, again, it's all about DOLLARS!!!

Steve/Gallia

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.