• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

CM300D Keypad Tones

Status
Not open for further replies.

camsdad

What happened to the standard radio front keypad tones? Is there somewhere in the CPS that it or they need to be enabled?
Not caring much for Voice announcements.

Thanks for any help or direction.

camsdad

I found that option, But I just want the radio to produce a beep when I press volume up/down or channel.
Like the CM300 used to do before.

Floridarailfanning

Premium Subscriber
I was wrong about that option I mentioned above. If you have the Tones/Alerts menu option enabled you should be able to go in the radio's menu and turn it on.

On the radio: OK < Utilities < Radio Settings < Tones/Alerts < Keypad Tone

camsdad

I appriciate this endeavor but I have found no Keypad Tones option anywhere to be found in this CPS.

Floridarailfanning

Premium Subscriber
I think you misunderstood. This is not in CPS. The only way I have found to turn on the keypad tones is to actually power on the radio and enter the utilities menu.

I tried just now on an XPR5550e and it works fine. It used to be the same on the CM300d's that we had.

camsdad

Found It!
It is a front radio panel setting. Press Menu OK button thenP2 or P3 to Utilities Menu OK\Radio Settings\Menu OK\Tones Alerts\Menu OK\ scroll via P2 or P3 to what tone feature. Press the Arrow Back\Home to go back. See page 96 of the user Manuel.
What a POS engineering setup.

Status
Not open for further replies.