CMED radio problems?

Status
Not open for further replies.

joehawth

KB1RRG
Hello all,

The other night (i think yesterday around 4:15 pm?) I was monitoring SO central CMED and they told all AMR units to switch to backup freq after having radio problems,,
Anybody know what happened? or what this backup freq is?

thanks,
kb1rrg

and merry Christmas!

KB1JHU

They were likely telling the New Haven AMR units to switch their company radios to the "backup" channel. My guess is that their "backup" is the one generally listed as the "Supervisor" channel, 47.50 (The normal channel is 47.50

I have heard this before. AMR loses something with the 47.50 system and CMED has to announce it.

izzyj4

Premium Subscriber
AMR had an open mic on their main company channel in New Haven (basically someone's leg was up against the PTT button.........again). Channel 2 (back up) is the supervisor's frequency like KB1JHU stated.

The CMED dispatchers will get calls from other agencies to transmit the "open mic" message over MED 10 since the majority of the services have a separate C-MED radio in the rigs. Unfortunately many units turn them down if they are not on a call or need C-MED.

If C-MED was having a problem with a MED Channel, you would hear them assigned certain channels for operations, usually its MED-6 for the majority of the area, that how it was when I was working there.

KB1JHU

They were likely telling the New Haven AMR units to switch their company radios to the "backup" channel. My guess is that their "backup" is the one generally listed as the "Supervisor" channel, 47.50 (The normal channel is 47.50

I have heard this before. AMR loses something with the 47.50 system and CMED has to announce it.

Made a typo in this post. The "supervisor" channel is 47.58

ecps92

Anyone has the tones for the AMR Low Band in CT?
AMR Ambulance - Scan New England Wiki

Status
Not open for further replies.