Cmpd-hits

Status
Not open for further replies.

kg4pbd

I've been hearing the HITS units on Vice Conf (tg9552). They were using a #57 prefix in their callsign.

I'm also hearing animal control on this talkgroup.

Can anyone verify if this really is the talkgroup for HITS? I'm also confused as to why animal control would show up here along with HITS.

jeffmulter

Fort Mill, S.C. (just south of Charlotte, N.C.)
>> I'm also confused as to why animal control would show up here along with HITS.

As Bill28227 has written previously, there is one dispatch console in CMPD Communications that handles the overflow talkgroups. The talkgroups that dispatcher is covering are often patched together.

If you can disable the "ignore status bit" feature on your scanner, you would see the talkgroup actually display as 09555 ... the additional 3 bits signifying the talkgroup is in multiselect mode.

Process-wise, it's no different than when 2 patrol districts are patched.

kg4pbd

Thank Jeff. I understand that and your right, it has been covered here before. I never have gotten a good handle on the whole status bit thing. I should take some time to understand it.

So that explains animal control, I'm still curious if this talkgroup is primarily HITS units rather than Vice Conference.

Newshound

Premium Subscriber
Hits

I was working the larceny/fatal wreck yesterday on Sharon Amity Road, and HITS was using Division 13 Dispatch for their traffic. This is likely to change when the new district comes on line in January. I have heard them more often than not on either 13 or 14 dispatch.

jeffmulter

Fort Mill, S.C. (just south of Charlotte, N.C.)
>> Thank Jeff. I understand that and your right, it has been covered here before. I never have gotten a good handle on the whole status bit thing. I should take some time to understand it.

Forgive me, Scott, if my comments sounded like fussing with you. Sometimes I recognize another person's situation simply because I've been down the same road before.

I think it would be a useful feature if, rather choosing between "ignoring" or "not ignoring" the status bit variations, we could also set the scanner to alert us (flashing TG I-D, or I-D appears in red, maybe) when the talkgroup is being manipulated.

Courtesy of someone else on this forum, I got the 75-cent tour of the dispatch center a good while back, and it was very helpful in putting things in perspective for me. I appreciate that person's generousity.

KE4ZNR

Radio Geek
Premium Subscriber
I would appreciate when Charlotte does start using the new districts and when talkgroups are shuffled around would you Charlotte buffs please submit verified changes to the database? I will work them when they come in but I please need them to be accurate...thanks!
Marshall KE4ZNR

kg4pbd

Jeff-I didn't take it as fussing at all. It's just when I saw your post I remembered this going around awhile back. You always point me in the right direction and I appreciate it!

I actually took some time to play with turning off status bit ignore, and setting up additional talkgroups with the +3 id. It's interesting. I'm trying to figure out if there is a use for it for me. If nothing else now I can see in a moment when South division is patched with Steele Creek. I like that. I also realize that leaving status bit on could cause me to not hear other talkgroups that are being "manipulated", as long as I'm in I.D. scan.

Bob -Thanks for the headsup on systems 13 & 14. I had never loaded those talkgroups until you mentioned that.

Status
Not open for further replies.