• Effective immediately we will be deleting, without notice, any negative threads or posts that deal with the use of encryption and streaming of scanner audio.

We've noticed a huge increase in rants and negative posts that revolve around agencies going to encryption due to the broadcasting of scanner audio on the internet. It's now worn out and continues to be the same recycled rants. These rants hijack the threads and derail the conversation. They no longer have a place anywhere on this forum other than in the designated threads in the Rants forum in the Tavern.

If you violate these guidelines your post will be deleted without notice and an infraction will be issued. We are not against discussion of this issue. You just need to do it in the right place. For example:
    https://forums.radioreference.com/rants/224104-official-thread-live-audio-feeds-scanners-wait-encryption.html

CN/CP Police - Regina, Sask.

Status
Not open for further replies.

lawman

I was wondering if anybody has any frequency information for CN/CP police for Regina? Before our city police dept. went digitally encrypted, I would once in a while here the city police comm center communicate with CN police, but was wondering if they also have any other frequencies? Thanks.

richster

lawman said:
I was wondering if anybody has any frequency information for CN/CP police for Regina? Before our city police dept. went digitally encrypted, I would once in a while here the city police comm center communicate with CN police, but was wondering if they also have any other frequencies? Thanks.
Hi Lawman good to hear from you,

You are correct the CN police were and are actual police constables (just like the Wascana Police) and both were on the Regina City Police communications system. I would imagine they still are, but may have well been swallowed up by RPS. On busy nights, the CN Police and Wascana Police were pulled out of thier "area" to assist in other zones in Regina like "the hood" for instance.

As far as I know they do not have their own frequency anymore. I wouldn't be surprised that the CN Police in Regina even exist anymore. The reason I say that is because every once in a blue moon I would see their car that had that funny looking brown emblem on the side, not to mention their uniforms (they were not hard to miss). I haven't seen that for years.

Regards,
Richster.

Status
Not open for further replies.