CN/IC Homewood

Status
Not open for further replies.

cifn2

Feed Provider
I have been monitoring 161.190, which I think is Effingham/Edgewood area CN dispatch. I can hear the dispatcher good, and can hear them talking about several places north of this location, when they dispatcher ends he says RTC Homewood out. What does RTC mean?

cifn2

Feed Provider
I will think about putting up a feed for it, we will have to see.... I don't know if I can run two instances of the broadcast software on my pc, plus I will have to find a piece of cable to run from the ham radio to the soundcard...

The CN/IC/Amtrak that I monitor will be the Edgewood Cutoff, Effingham Area, I would probably include some UP, BN, NS stuff too. I might be able to get a connector and connect it to my ham radio antenna to my scanner... we will see what I can do.

downsrep

Keep us informed. That'd be great as that is the area I usually listen to when I'm visiting relatives in Mattoon.

cifn2

Feed Provider
Ordered the PL-259 to BNC Connector.... and I am sure I have a piece of audio cable... so shouldn't be too long.

downsrep

In Mattoon, I usually get signals from Effingham trains barely but this would be great.

cifn2

Feed Provider
I am south of Effingham so not sure how much actual train traffic you will hear, I do hear alot of MOW, and dispatcher traffic, UP's trains I hear sometimes as they call into Salem Yard, sometimes hear the yard jobs too.

In Mattoon, I usually get signals from Effingham trains barely but this would be great.

dapaq2

Who is 'they', The railfans? The name CNIC was done away with about 2 years ago. The company no longer wishes to be referred to as the CNIC, they want to be known only as the "CN", not Canadian National, but "CN".

Doug

cifn2

Feed Provider
I am working on changing my feed from a regular scanner feed of police/fire/ems to railroad. Should be complete soon, but first I have to get approval of the admins. Hopefully will get that done soon.

Last edited:

OpSec

All your WACN are belong to us
Database Admin
Who is 'they', The railfans? The name CNIC was done away with about 2 years ago. The company no longer wishes to be referred to as the CNIC, they want to be known only as the "CN", not Canadian National, but "CN".

Doug

[small detour off topic]

I don't doubt it, but...

If that were wholly true, then they wouldn't be running their stateside operations and owned equipment under the names of the various railroads they gobbled up.

Locomotives with new paint and new CN MoW trucks are lettered with WC, IC etc in small letters and verbage like "operated by" on some/all of the vehicles.

[/detour]

Status
Not open for further replies.