CN Rail Police

Status
Not open for further replies.

ILjim

Premium Subscriber
Hello everyone,

I have a question regarding the TG that is supposedly used by the Canadian National Rail Police. In the StarCom21 database, CN RR Police are listed as using TG 3591. I have had this TG programmed in for a over a year now and NEVER heard anything. I mainly monitor Site 1-02, and I also have it in Site 1-49. Either way, I never heard anything. Is it still used in other parts of the state or are they on a different TG or system?

VASCAR2

I can’t say for sure about CN but Norfolk Southern RR Police use their VHF rail frequencies the most. Even in the larger rail yards I believe N/S uses their frequencies unless cooperating with a local agency. With the increased use of cell phones and mobile data computers by LE it’s plausible CN Police wouldn’t use their SC21 TG very often.

JohnnyGent

Banned
Banned
Hello everyone,

I have a question regarding the TG that is supposedly used by the Canadian National Rail Police. In the StarCom21 database, CN RR Police are listed as using TG 3591. I have had this TG programmed in for a over a year now and NEVER heard anything. I mainly monitor Site 1-02, and I also have it in Site 1-49. Either way, I never heard anything. Is it still used in other parts of the state or are they on a different TG or system?
Metra & BNSF is active on StarCom21 as I'm sure you know. I have NEVER heard CN even key up. NS & UP Police I have heard on NXDN. So it's not just you . ; )

ILjim

Premium Subscriber
Metra & BNSF is active on StarCom21 as I'm sure you know. I have NEVER heard CN even key up. NS & UP Police I have heard on NXDN. So it's not just you . ; )
I have the Metra and BNSF TG's and they come in just fine. Listening to Metra PD gets interesting from time to time, especially when they get into a foot pursuit lol

ILjim

Premium Subscriber
I can’t say for sure about CN but Norfolk Southern RR Police use their VHF rail frequencies the most. Even in the larger rail yards I believe N/S uses their frequencies unless cooperating with a local agency. With the increased use of cell phones and mobile data computers by LE it’s plausible CN Police wouldn’t use their SC21 TG very often.
That makes sense. But isn't Norfolk Southern on an encrypted NXDN freq?

VASCAR2

I can’t say as I don’t have a NXDN capable radio. I’m retired LE and worked numerous traffic crashes and other details with NS RR prior to retiring. I worked next to busy NS RR line and about ten years ago the NS RR Police had IREACH and ISPERN plus their own common RR frequencies on VHF. I don’t think they had gotten any NXDN radios in my area of Southern Illinois before I retired.

I know the NS RR Police had jurisdiction in multiple states as the Officers I worked had arrest powers in Indiana, Illinois, Kentucky and Missouri. Their radios had the capability to talk to the local LE in any area the Officer was assigned.

JohnnyGent

Banned
Banned
Well I'm no hacker, or have ANY connection to NS RR, except I USED to be a Conductor with another class 1 RR. But I heard them 5X5 Lima Charlie on 161.2050 NXDN RAN 20.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2019-03-08-13-38-50.png
    Screenshot_2019-03-08-13-38-50.png
    210.3 KB · Views: 33

JohnnyGent

Banned
Banned
I can’t say as I don’t have a NXDN capable radio. I’m retired LE and worked numerous traffic crashes and other details with NS RR prior to retiring. I worked next to busy NS RR line and about ten years ago the NS RR Police had IREACH and ISPERN plus their own common RR frequencies on VHF. I don’t think they had gotten any NXDN radios in my area of Southern Illinois before I retired.

I know the NS RR Police had jurisdiction in multiple states as the Officers I worked had arrest powers in Indiana, Illinois, Kentucky and Missouri. Their radios had the capability to talk to the local LE in any area the Officer was assigned.
And Thank You for your service.
Scan On.

melvin1987

Premium Subscriber
Normally NS 1 comes up on the zone when units are responding to eletated tracks or near railyards. I would imagine CN would have the same capabilities as far as rail yards and rightofway within the city limits.

eg2138c

Going back about a few years back CN only had something like 3 officers for its Greats Lakes area Michigan, Indiana and Illinois. So I can’t see much traffic unless there’s a incident. They get dispatched via cell phone and unless in the area will advise dispatch to call the locals.

Status
Not open for further replies.