CN Tower & Scanners

Status
Not open for further replies.

VE3JSO

i don't see a problem with it last time i went up the cn tower they never even checked my bag

jasoyeom

Thanks. I'm trying to find the CN Tower frequencies but it doesn't seem to be in the database unless I'm missing it. It was an LTR system last time I was in Toronto.

jaspence

Premium Subscriber
Scanner to tower

It might be fun to use the search feature at that altitude even if you don't monitor tower traffic. The height could provide a chance for some interesting DX.

jasoyeom

I will definately be using close call and doing some searches while I'm up there. I have NY programmed and I'll scan FM and air too.

VE3RADIO

I have a friend who lives on floor 44 of a condo down there.. I could monitor most of upstate NY .. even trunking system as if i was next door from just 44 floors.. so imagine the CN Tower at well over 120 floors.

pathalogical

You'll get way better reception if you're outside doing the EdgeWalk ! Make sure you have that little scanner strap....and ya' thought it'd never come in handy !!!

sirsmiley

Be careful you dont fry the front end of your scanner up there...there are some major broadcast towers up there pumping out huge amounts of power.... :)

KC8ESL

Premium Subscriber
You'll get way better reception if you're outside doing the EdgeWalk ! Make sure you have that little scanner strap....and ya' thought it'd never come in handy !!!

Forget the strap! Duct tape it to your hand like it was an old college alcohol-fueled challenge.

EJB

20 + year membership
Premium Subscriber
I would be very curious to know just how many fleetnet towers you can get from there, and maybe which region/county/municipalities, which ones in upstate NY, NOAA and Env Canada.

Please be so kind as to post your event here Jason.

mrweather

As long as the receiver doesn't get overloaded with all that RF floating around up there the reception could be awesome.

Status
Not open for further replies.