CNE Airshow

Status
Not open for further replies.

exkalibur

Premium Subscriber
What line of view do you have? I have an actual aircraft radio, sounds much better than a scanner, and a very clear view of the area. I was thinking of streaming the Air Boss frequency.

slipslope

I am north of the show, and I don't have direct line of sight. So the quality will probably not be perfect, but it works! Would you be using butel easystream or which software?

pathalogical

wyldman said:
Listening is right now......are they landing at CC airport ?

Anyone know what all is coming in at Pearson ? and when ?
Hey wyldman,

Check out my posts 15 and 19 on previous page for arrival times. I hope the weather will co-operate this weekend, but looks like some remnants of hurricane Ernesto will be here Saturday and Sunday.

tonsoffun

Senior Moderator
Premium Subscriber
Hey Guys,
Just saw the C17 Globemaster at Pearson, its BIG. Seems like there parking aircrafts at the centre of the airport where the De-icing happens.
Anymore info from people?
Rain almost all weekend grrrrrrr:mad: Going on Saturday anyways.
Take care

pathalogical

I'm keeping an eye on the weather too !!! Three Snowbirds just finished some moves a few minutes ago, landed on 6 L. Heard them calling their moves on 272.1000. Saw them (and heard them) pass by the house heading down toward the lake around 10:00. Caught a quick view with my binocs too. Have to keep an ear open for any F type aircrafts. I plan on hanging out by the airport...weather permitting.

EDIT - Dang it...spoke to soon, just saw a single F 18 (10:48am) heading toward the lake. Not likely they will fly in the rain. They can cancel they show if if the clouds are to low.

Last edited:

motomeso

Premium Subscriber
According to the media the show is on, I am scanning to see if i hear anything here in K-W.

I was successful in hearing the birds last year on the public address frequency but might no be as lucky due to the low cloud cover keeping the planes closer to the ground. But I did move to a higher location since last years show so who knows.

wyldman

I didn't go,as I didn't think they would fly in this weather,and I heard no comms whatsoever near showtime.

I did pick up some stuff later this afternoon,and managed to get by the airport to see the snowbirds come in.

pathalogical

The show went on as planned. I listened in from home and heard some of the performers in the holding box and Julie Clarks "Freedom" speech (same as last year). Heard the Snowbirds on 272.1 but they cancelled and returned to YYZ shortly after. Heard the Hornet, Starfighter, Pathfinder. I didn't think they were going to fly in the rain. I heard a conversation between an atc and pilot talking about the bad weather in Cleveland. The say the rain shoul let up a little tomorrow, maybe I'll try heading out to Pearson then. Did the Raptor/Nighthawk show up ? Anyone know ??? They didn't show anything at all on the 6:00 news.

maxtracs

airshow f22

i was at the airshow and thay told the people that because of the rain on saturday the f22 did not fly but it will fly here on MONDAYS airshow so we have one more chance to see the f22 see you all there

pathalogical

Just got back from Pearson. Today was better than yesterday, as they were landing rnwy 6 which is way better than 24. I was able to see all the way to the CN Tower with my binocs and did see the Raptor and the Lancer. Planes that did land did some high speed flybys. Got them on video too.

tonsoffun

Senior Moderator
Premium Subscriber
Thanks for the pics guys. Hey pathalogical, was the Raptor there today as well?
I heard only on Saturday.
Take care

pathalogical

tonsoffun said:
Thanks for the pics guys. Hey pathalogical, was the Raptor there today as well?
I heard only on Saturday.
Take care
Check maxtracs post above for the scoop on the F22, showed a very brief clip on the news of the Raptor and Snowbirds...and I really mean brief ! I was just reviewing my vids and other than shakey hands, out of focus, trees and buildings in the way, they came out kinda good. The only real way to get good shots is to be on some rooftop, without getting caught !!!

On another note, while driving along Matheson Bvld (at Orbitor Dr.), there was a movie or tv shoot going on at the Stuart Energy building. Lots 'n lots of trucks and fake scenery, big lights and huge drapes covering the exterior second floor of the building and some on the first floor. Hand written signs said "The Company" while others read "Crew parking" or "Lunch". Dead givaways are pylons along the roadway so people know how to get there. Tried using Close Call, but didn't get any hits.

VA3WAH

Monday's Show...

Well it was a real treat today... due to the F22 not flying on Saturday due to weather the USAF sent two today... They were flying around for about 10 - 15 minutes before the show started with-inthe show box (as opposed to the staging area)... anyway one did the demo while the other just stayed out of the way, then they formed up and left back to the states... They didn't however have the F-117, but then that aircraft is old news now...

Alan...

Status
Not open for further replies.