Cnet

Status
Not open for further replies.

d_strong

Does anyone know what frequencys the State Police (CNET) uses in the Rochester, NY. Would it be 155.565 or one of the Rochester PD channels since its a joint operation. Thanks

MB

Feed Provider
d_strong said:
Does anyone know what frequencys the State Police (CNET) uses in the Rochester, NY. Would it be 155.565 or one of the Rochester PD channels since its a joint operation. Thanks

I believe they may have there own "special" frequencies.

NY DB Admin
Database Admin
d_strong said:

Not exactly answering your question but, they may be on NEXTEL, which is big in this area for the "Secret Squirrel" stuff, including CNET.

D

DaveNF2G

What is "CNET" in the NYSP context? NET is (or was) Neighborhood Empowerment Team in the City of Rochester. The expressway program was called GRIP - Greater Rochester Interstate Patrol. GRIP cars had RPD portables back in the 80s. I'm not sure how they're equipped now, but they still talk to NYSP dispatchers on the Troop E VHF channels.

Last edited:

rbm

d_strong said:

During meth raids in the Binghamton area a few weeks ago they used:
155.565 some digital, some clear w/PL mostly 79.7
154.665 C-C
155.370 I/A
also the F1 pair and county sheriff frequencies

rbm

DaveNF2G said:
What is "CNET" in the NYSP context? NET is (or was) Neighborhood Empowerment Team in the City of Rochester. The expressway program was called GRIP - Greater Rochester Interstate Patrol. GRIP cars had RPD portables back in the 80s. I'm not sure how they're equipped now, but they still talk to NYSP dispatchers on the Troop E VHF channels.

New York State Police Community Narcotics Enforcement Team (CNET)
They were given credit here:
The State Police Community Narcotics Enforcement Team, the Drug Enforcement Agency, Johnson City and Endicott police departments assisted with Friday's raids.
http://www.pressconnects.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20060212/NEWS01/602120330/1006

rbm

Some sample audio clips that match up with the link above.

They're stamped with the date/time/frequency/PL. Small clips because of the file size limitation.

The files I record using PRO-TURBO with the PRO-2006's average around 25 mb per hour on a normal day. Much more when something big is happening. Far too big to email or post.

Also, when I went back and check my logs, the number of hits with PL 110.9 and PL 79.7 were about equal.

Last edited:

rbm

d_strong said:
Thanks for the information regarding this matter and was the digital heard on 155.565 P-25 or encrypted ? 73

It's not P25. I believe it's DES.

You can listen to samples of various digital modes at the following link. Just search down to DES Encryption.
http://www.kb9ukd.com/digital/

Here's an audio clip of digital on 155.565. Note that there is no PL used when they in digital mode.

Last edited:

MB

Feed Provider
CNET

http://www.nal.usda.gov/pavnet/se/senewyks.htm

New York State Police Community Narcotics Enforcement Team (CNET)

Colonel John A. Mainello
Assistant Deputy Superintendent
New York State Police
Building 22, State Campus
Albany, NY 12226
Tel: 518-457-3869
Fax: 518-457-4779

Program Type:
Drug deterrence and enforcement involving community policing strategies and coordination of law enforcement agencies.

Target Population:
Drug dealers.

Setting:
Rural counties in New York State.

Project Startup Date:

Information Source:
Provided by the National Criminal Justice Reference Service (NCJRS).

Evaluation Information:
N/A.

Annual Budget:
$7,170,000.

Sources of Funding:
Edward Byrne Memorial State and Local Law Enforcement Assistance Program of the Bureau of Justice Assistance (BJA), U.S. Department of Justice (DOJ).

Program Description:
Established in 1990 to reduce drug trafficking in New York State, the CNET program allows State police to assist local law enforcement agencies in conducting undercover efforts that target street-level drug dealers by investigating, prosecuting, and convicting multijurisdictional narcotics traffickers and street-level offenders; reducing the number of duplicative investigations and prosecutions; and increasing the number of narcotics arrests in the communities. Trained undercover narcotics investigators are provided to police chiefs, sheriffs, or district attorneys who request assistance for drug-trafficking investigations in their jurisdictions.

CNET combines traditional law enforcement approaches and community policing strategies by: (1) improving the physical environment of the community to increase safety, (2) boarding up abandoned buildings, (3) increasing police presence via foot patrols, and (4) establishing drug-free zones as targets for enforcement efforts. An additional component of the program develops leads on illegal gun trafficking during the investigation of drug distribution operations.

MB

Feed Provider
Has anyone heard of IMAC car to car? I have heard the State Police mention this numerous times ("switch to IMAC car to car"). I haven't been able to figure the frequency out yet. Does anyone know what this is?

rbm

MB said:
Has anyone heard of IMAC car to car? I have heard the State Police mention this numerous times ("switch to IMAC car to car"). I haven't been able to figure the frequency out yet. Does anyone know what this is?

In my area they use two frequencies for car-car in addition to 154.665.
155.370 around here is referred to as Interagency or IA (this name will vary by area)
155.475 has also been used (rarely)

By the way, a trooper was shot (and survived) on June 10th and they had a command post set up for quite a few days. The helicopters were using FLIR (infrared) after 11:00 pm at night. The shooter is still on the loose, though they know who he is.
The frequencies the helicopters used were:
154.695 PL 110.9

MB

Feed Provider
rbm said:
In my area they use two frequencies for car-car in addition to 154.665.
155.370 around here is referred to as Interagency or IA (this name will vary by area)
155.475 has also been used (rarely)

By the way, a trooper was shot (and survived) on June 10th and they had a command post set up for quite a few days. The helicopters were using FLIR (infrared) after 11:00 pm at night. The shooter is still on the loose, though they know who he is.
The frequencies the helicopters used were:
154.695 PL 110.9

The same frequencies are used in my area. However, I have no clue what IMAC car to car could be.

Yes, there has been B.O.L.O.s numerous times daily on 154.695 regarding the guy who shot the Trooper (NYSP Deposit). I guess he has contacts in my area and may have been spotted near Saratoga. I hope they catch that freak...

SCANdal

Silent Key
MB said:
MB,

Just curious...are you sure it wasn't "I-Tac?" Do the troop cars in your area have 800 MHz radios in them?

SCANdal

D

DaveNF2G

I was thinking the same thing about I-TAC. There are talkgroups used by NYSP on local commercial 800 MHz trunked systems, and DOCS has a statewide transportable trunked license, also on 800, so troopers do have 800 MHz capability in some parts of the state.

Capital troopers (Troop X) operate primarily on Albany's 800 system. They only use Troop G frequencies when necessary outside the capital complex.

MB

Feed Provider
They may have said I-TAC.. however, I have never seen a Troop car in my area with an 800Mhz radio in it, so I don't know.

One time when I was in Clinton County, I got a Close Call hit on my BC246 on 820.3875 and it sounded like NYSP. I also noticed two Troop cars down the road from where I was. Clinton County has an 800MHZ trunked system, so the Troopers up their may have 800Mhz radios in their cars. I live about 50 miles from their and it is in a different NYSP Zone and their is no 800Mhz around here.

SCANdal

Silent Key
While the cars may not have 800 mobiles...they may have used DSP 800 portables

MB,

Just in case it is or was I-Tac that they switched to...here is the run down of the (nationwide) 800 MHz Interservice channels:

I-Calling channel (I-Call) - 866.0125
I-Tactical channel 1 (I-Tac 1) - 866.5125
I-Tac 2 - 867.0125
I-Tac 3 - 867.5125
I-Tac 4 - 868.0125

Note that PL 156.7 is standard. These frequencies may be repeated; inputs would be the standard -45 MHz.

SCANdal

Spec

I - Tac

The following frequencies are slated to be the NEW I-TAC after the 800 RE-Banding :

851.0125 I - Calling
851.5125 I-TAC 1
852.0125 I-TAC 2
852.5125 I-TAC 3
853.0125 I-TAC 4

Status
Not open for further replies.