Cnetral Virginia HAM clubs?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drake69

Premium Subscriber
Hello! I am a novice located in Richmond VA and am posting up to see if there are any HAM clubs local to me. I have some experience with CB radios and scanners, and am looking to study up and eventually get my HAM radio license.

Thanks for reading!

KG4INW

Premium Subscriber
Welcome! I live in Midlothian and yes, there are several including the Richmond Amateur Radio Club (Richmond Amateur Radio Club), the Richmond Amateur Telecommunications Society (Rats - RATS News & Updates) and the Department of Emergency Management's Amateur Radio Communications Auxiliary (N4VEM.org - Welcome). I'm a member of the last two but don't have any particular reason why I haven't joined the 1st other than I just haven't!

You can visit their respective websites for meeting locations and times among other information.

Drake69

Premium Subscriber
Thanks! I'm getting a BCD996XT soon and compared to my Pro-2096 it looks like I've jumped the learning curve a little more than I thought. I see it's a great unit from reviews and buyer support, but also see a lack of updates for it as compared to other units. Not to mention how to program this one versus the V-channel ability of the 2096, and I'm already looking into getting a subscription here! :D

Should be fun!

EDIT: I failed to mention I did pick up software and a PC cable for computer programming and control as well. Thinking about downloading Freescan as well if the software CD I bought (which is Butel ARC-XT for Bearcat XT units) doesn't meet my expectations.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.