CO DTRS Talk group 512

Status
Not open for further replies.

dodger

Premium Subscriber
On Douglas County "Sheriff Channel-1" TG (1033) I heard a Elizabeth unit advise another Elizabeth unit to contact him on "Channel 5". Then there was traffic on "Elbert County Sheriff 1" TG (512) regarding the same radio traffic heard on "Douglas County Sheriff Channel-1" TG (1033). Making sense that they are both dispatched by Douglas County, this must be Elbert County Sheriff "Channel 5"(512) in my opinion. Can anyone else confirm this?

Spitfire8520

I might be completely clueless! =)
It depends on who you talk to. Basically all of the officers will call TG 512 "Channel 5" and TG 513 "Channel 6" because of how they are programmed into the radio. It has been like that for several years now.

System wise, they are still listed as Elbert County Sheriff Channel 1 and Channel 2 in the system. The only ones that use these names tend to be dispatch since that is how it is printed on their screen.

Lone Tree does the exact same thing. They call TG 1868 "Channel 5" and TG 1869 "Channel 6." Dispatchers see it as Lone Tree PD Channel 1 and Channel 2.

The big problem with these names is that outside agencies are programming their radios based on what the official name is in the system. Agencies like Arapahoe County SO will be very confused when they are asked to switch over to "Channel 5" during a mutual aid event.

Status
Not open for further replies.