Coach USA radio frequencies??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Analogrules

I was recently on a local Coach USA bus from Elizabeth to the Jersey Gardens Mall and noticed that they DO still use radios to communicate. I wish I had my scanner with me to pick up the close call signal when I saw the driver talking into the radio. After doing a FCC frequency search, nothing came up for Coach USA. Therefore, I'm curious as to what frequencies they use? From the sound of the transmissions, it definitely sounded like a 800 MHz TRUNKED system. I believe NJ Transit is one of the co-owners of their company since they allow you to transfer from their buses to the Coach USA bus for the same transfer fare. However, Coach USA is NOT listed as one of the "talk groups" under the NJT TRUNKED system according to the RR database. So what frequencies do they use? I do know that from the transmissions I was hearing on the bus, it was ONLY COACH USA buses communicating. I heard no other companies on their radios. NOTE: I'm going away this week on vacation, so I'll respond to this thread as soon as I get back. Thanks for your help.

transitman

Coach USA uses the NJTransit trunked system. TG's are in the 343xx and 344xx series. You'll hear conversations regarding the 24, 31 and 44 lines.

SCPD

QRT
Just out of curiosity why wouldn't Lakeland Bus use the TRS as well? Is it just by choice?

I believe they still use 49.04MHz.

Thanks,

jaymatt1978

They use the 49MHz band for bus-to bus caravans, that's why you see those hug antennas on the rearview mirrorsz Years ago before I took scanners on trips we went on a class trip to Boston and took two buses. The drivers use sattalite phones to talk with their home base~!

transitman

Independent bus companies are not obligated to use the TRS system although NJT owned buses are equipped with 800 Mhz antennas in addition to the company system. Lakeland's frequency is 49.04 and DeCamp is 49.10

Status
Not open for further replies.