Coahoma Co.

Status
Not open for further replies.

mike_s104

Premium Subscriber
Anyone in Coahoma County that can verify that the RRDB is up-to-date? Looks like it was just rearranged today. Also, does anyone have anything NOT in the RRDB like federal? We're planning a trip in April and I just wanted to get things ready beforehand. Thanks.

INDY72

Monitoring since 1982, using radios since 1991.
As far as we know everything is correct.. If you can please submit any tones etc, and or corrections from the info you get during your visit. TY and have fun in the hospitality state!

KE5TLF

Being the one doing the rearranging, hehe, I can tell you that:
All licenses are still valid except the Low Band one that is noted in the description as EXPIRED. That of course doesn't mean it stil isn't in use. That's about all I know though. I don't imagine much has changed though.

By the time April rolls around I should have the entire state fully location based scanning ready if you are able to take advantage of that. Pretty much all I have left county wise is the 2 northern rows of counties. Still got a lot of work to do in trunked systems, airports, businesses etc. but the county stuff should all be good in a week or so.

mike_s104

Premium Subscriber
Being the one doing the rearranging, hehe, I can tell you that:
All licenses are still valid except the Low Band one that is noted in the description as EXPIRED. That of course doesn't mean it stil isn't in use. That's about all I know though. I don't imagine much has changed though.

By the time April rolls around I should have the entire state fully location based scanning ready if you are able to take advantage of that. Pretty much all I have left county wise is the 2 northern rows of counties. Still got a lot of work to do in trunked systems, airports, businesses etc. but the county stuff should all be good in a week or so.

Cool, thanks. I was going to bring both my 396T and 396XT. We're going to Clarksdale for the Juke Joint Festival. I'm not sure how large the festival it is, but I suspect it'll be large and that sometimes means extra law enforcement (seen and not seen). So, I'll be looking for things like wireless mics, other odd ball stuff and also scan the FRS and GMRS band as well. I usually search the 160MHz and 400MHz Fed bands too.

Is the MSWIN in use in the Clarksdale and Batesville (where we're staying) areas?

If I hear anything new or different when on vacation, I usually submit them to the RRDB, I'm do the same for here as well.

Last edited:

INDY72

Monitoring since 1982, using radios since 1991.
Coahoma is in Phase III of the MSWIN project and will not begin construction for at least an year unless some pretty big changes happen . MSWIN is just now finished up Phase IIA and beginning Phase IIB.

mike_s104

Premium Subscriber
Coahoma is in Phase III of the MSWIN project and will not begin construction for at least an year unless some pretty big changes happen . MSWIN is just now finished up Phase IIA and beginning Phase IIB.

Thanks. I found the map on the RR Wiki. Looks like I won't need to program in the MSWIN at all since everywhere we'll be is in Phase III. Kinda makes it simple this time.

Status
Not open for further replies.