Coast drive along Oregon, interesting freqs?

Status
Not open for further replies.

FurrySeaCoral

We are driving from Southern California to Whistler BC to attend some of the Winter Olympic events. We will drive along 101 on the Oregon coast. I just got a Uniden 396XT and started filling it up using the RadioReference database, trunked digital and conventional. On this stretch of drive, are there any particular must-listen, active and interesting freqs where I should turn off my car stereo and turn on the scanner and have some fun with the scanner?

mh34444

Department of State Police Scanner Frequencies and Radio Frequency Reference

These OSP freq's will take you north up the coast. You can enter the PL tones if you like, but I haven't found any need for them.

If you cut over hwy 26 or hwy 6 through Portland, don't bother with the OSP freq's once you get into populated Washington County and through Portland. Local police handle most of the highway stuff through there.

Anything road hazard related you'll hear on OSP freq's.

Watch your speed. OSP and every small town PD along the coast LOVE people who are just passing through.

Last edited:
Department of State Police Scanner Frequencies and Radio Frequency Reference

These OSP freq's will take you north up the coast. You can enter the PL tones if you like, but I haven't found any need for them.

If you cut over hwy 26 or hwy 6 through Portland, don't bother with the OSP freq's once you get into populated Washington County and through Portland. Local police handle most of the highway stuff through there.

Anything road hazard related you'll hear on OSP freq's.

Watch your speed. OSP and every small town PD along the coast LOVE people who are just passing through.

i'm listening from lincoln city beach, i find OSP on 155.07000.

i got a larger list then that but i think thats the only OSP i can receive

and your right about the police on the coast they love finding non locals. plus the locals are very quick to call 911 and report anything. i can hear the groans of disbelief out of some of the local pd when they get some of the bogus calls that occur every day or two, its usualy the elderly being way paranoid.

Status
Not open for further replies.