coast guard two tone pages??

Status
Not open for further replies.

matt131

QRT
Premium Subscriber
Hello

Does anyone know if the coast guard uses two tone pagers to page personnell? IF so, on what frequencies for the boston area

Thanks

matt131

QRT
Premium Subscriber
are you the paging police?? I was just curious if they used two tone pagers such as minitor pagers

ecps92

and I gave you the answer.

They either use Cellular SMS or Commercially (illegal to Monitor) Paging Services

Read my answer how you want :roll:

AKA there is no known Two-tone, Plectron, Minitor paging in use by the US Government here in New England, outside of the Veterans Affairs

are you the paging police?? I was just curious if they used two tone pagers such as minitor pagers

KK4LQX

Premium Subscriber
I can almost certainly tell you from first hand experience, but not in Boston, that the USCG does not use personal pagers other than your plain old text message.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited:

KK4LQX

Premium Subscriber
Well let me modify that slightly. They also issued pagers if needed but they were the same pagers that anyone could go out and get, not one that used RF. Now the CG Fire Departments or Police Departments or whoever has the contract for those services might use them, but your duty boat crew STA personnel don't.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.