Coast Guard - Valrico Florida

Status
Not open for further replies.

ecps92

When you say FROM the below listed Wiki, which Freq's? :confused:

Did you include the VHF/UHF LMR ?

Have you also included your Local Air-Traffic channels ? As they would likely be talking to them for Air Coordination.

If two of more A/C involved then likely the CG Air channels might get used and if working watercraft both the VHF Marine and the VHF LMR would be used.

Hey Guys & Ladies,

Question, I see in the sky couple of Coast Guard airplanes and some jets keep circling over my house here where I live. I can't pick them up on any frequency I have for them listed below on this website:

United States Coast Guard - The RadioReference Wiki

Sharkbait08

Depending on what they were doing (training, routine airport traffic control, actual missions) will depend on what radio system gets used and whether it is coded or not. As mentioned in the previous post, CG helos carry numerous radio systems from HF to VHF, UHF and others, all of which can be encrypted if their SOP for that operation calls for it...

A lot of times when CG aircraft are training or in generic search patterns, the radios stay silent until its scheduled check in time with the control unit (tower, sector, or cutter). When there isn't much info to pass back to base or a cutter, they are usually just talking amongst the crew on the internal intercom...

Status
Not open for further replies.