coax cable , but not RG6?

Status
Not open for further replies.

doublescan

I tried to google this stuff and got nowhere, but I have been given a length of cable that has the name Alcatel on it, and the letters BSW , can't figure out what it is. A friend found this at a yard sale and thought I could use it. There's maybe 75' or so, has yellow ooze coming out of the ends, like flooded rg6, but it isn't that. Has the 'feet' markings on the coax jacket, and I cut into it with a knife to see what I could find. I hit a layer of spiral-wound copper, and quit cutting. Anybody familiar with what this might be? I don't think it will be any use to me at all.

doublescan

unknown cable

Hey it does resemble that 2nd link/picture. I fooled with this piece I chopped off a bit more, cleaned the goop out and spread it open. It isn't copper wire spiraled-it is like a solid copper shield wrapped around 4 tiny wires. Blue, green and two orange. Underground phone cable eh?
Never saw it before-must be incredibly expensive with that much copper in it! IF that really is a copper shield. Looks like , and bends like copper....

KevinC

Other
Super Moderator
It should be copper...take it to the scrap yard. :wink:

I'm sorry...recycling center...

doublescan

coax

Thanks Kevin, I suppose that's what will happen, since I can't think of a reason I'd need to use it.
It was just something I hadn't seen before. Two bucks for 70-80' of it possibly was a bargain.

Status
Not open for further replies.