Cobb County Fire. Cobb County Ga

Status
Not open for further replies.

luv2fly

Just received my Uniden BC355N. Programed Cobb Co Fire using 857.7375. It's been awful quiet. Are there any tricks to listen to Cobb Co Fire?

Thanks,

relicwr

Premium Subscriber
All public safety, including fire, is on a trunked Phase 2 system. That analog scanner will not pick it up. You need at least a BCD996P2 model to receive it.

luv2fly

All public safety, including fire, is on a trunked Phase 2 system. That analog scanner will not pick it up. You need at least a BCD996P2 model to receive it.

relicwr, thanks, for the quick reply. I didn't realize there was difference in the analog and digital.

Can you recommend a some other digital scanners also?

Thanks,

Liv2fly

relicwr

Premium Subscriber
I've only gotten scanners from ScannerMaster.

Digital P25 Phase II Scanners

Since most are already in the Phase 2 era, it's best to go with one of these. As said before, the 996P2 should do well if you want it sitting stationary. The BCD325P2 should suit your needs as it does Phase 2 and doesn't cost as much, plus you can take it wherever you go. If anything is DMR or TRBO (digital on conventional) in your area then you'll have to pay for the upgrade, but you won't need that if you're just monitoring Cobb.

luv2fly

I've only gotten scanners from ScannerMaster.

Digital P25 Phase II Scanners

Since most are already in the Phase 2 era, it's best to go with one of these. As said before, the 996P2 should do well if you want it sitting stationary. The BCD325P2 should suit your needs as it does Phase 2 and doesn't cost as much, plus you can take it wherever you go. If anything is DMR or TRBO (digital on conventional) in your area then you'll have to pay for the upgrade, but you won't need that if you're just monitoring Cobb.

relicwr, thank you, so much. I'm looking to be mobil. I'm going to go with the BCD325P2. Going to order it this week.

Thanks, again.

Luv2fly.

Bailey1213

I live in Paulding County and also monitor Cobb. I have a Whistler WS1098 that picks up P25 phase 2 as well as DMR moto turbo that Paulding and Douglas counties use. The Whistler WS1098 is a generation older the newer model Whistler is the TRX1 for the base and TRX2 for the mobile. Whith the Whistler products you don't have to pay for the upgrades they are standard. Just food for thought.

Metrofire31

Premium Subscriber
Monitoring Cobb

relicwr, thank you, so much. I'm looking to be mobil. I'm going to go with the BCD325P2. Going to order it this week.

Thanks, again.

Luv2fly.

Luv2fly, the BCD325P2 is my mobile scanner-of-choice and it works beautifully in a small, largely rural area like I live in here in the NC mountains or it works just as beautifully when I'm in Atlanta Metro. It's VERY easy to program using ProScan. Let me know anytime I can assist in operating it.

Metrofire31
Franklin, NC

luv2fly

Monitoring Cobb

Luv2fly, the BCD325P2 is my mobile scanner-of-choice and it works beautifully in a small, largely rural area like I live in here in the NC mountains or it works just as beautifully when I'm in Atlanta Metro. It's VERY easy to program using ProScan. Let me know anytime I can assist in operating it.

Metrofire31
Franklin, NC

Metrofire 31, I finally purchased my BCD325P2. What the best method to get the scanner programed?
Thanks,

Luv2fly

Status
Not open for further replies.