Cobb County Fire Feed

Should Metro, Puckett, and Georgia EMS dispatches be added to the Cobb Fire feed?

• Yes - Add them

Votes: 3 33.3%
  • No - Keep it the way it is

Votes: 6 66.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

rmiller818

Had a suggestion from a loyal listener asking to add the EMS dispatch channels. This would be Metro, Pucket, and Georgia EMS dispatches and private talkgroups to the scan. (no ambo to hospital talkgroups though).

Since this is the community owned scanner, I wanted to see what everyone thought of this. I originally did not include them as they seemed to cover up some of the Fire department transmissions.

jcanupp

Premium Subscriber
How much non-emergency traffic would tie up the scanner for FD dispatches? I wouldn't care is Metro is taking somebody home from Kennestone....just a thought. Or, do they dispatch non-emergency calls in a different fashion or talkgroup?

rmiller818

I don't listen to them much myself but this is how I understand it.

Metro EMS, Puckett EMS, and Georgia EMS dispatch talkgroups would be added. That would allow you to hear the EMS units get dispatched to calls. Fire would also be going to the same call and would be dispatched on their talkgroup. There would also be some transport only type calls (non-emergency stuff, or patient transfers) that you might hear on the EMS dispatch talkgroups.
In addition, Metro and Puckett EMS has some private or tactical type talkgroups that I suppose they use for unit-to-unit comms.

jcanupp

Premium Subscriber
I would like to hear them, but private services seek out non-emergency transport to help pay the bills. One could assume they would dispatch this on the same group as emergency traffic, which would tie up your radio. Try it and see how it does.

b7spectra

EMS Dispatcher
I could have sworn I posted a message here the first day you posted it, but here it is again:

Metro and Puckett both come up on Cobb Fire Dispatch channel to advise they are enroute to the call. I'm sure that GA EMS does the same with Kennesaw. Only thing else you will hear on the EMS channels is non-emergency transports and general bull shooting.

rmiller818

Thanks for the info Mike.

By the way, I have posted the same poll on ScanCobb to maximize the exposure. So far the vote is tied.

nickmanning

Premium Subscriber
i couldn't agree with you anymore spectra. all adding the feeds will do is cover emergency calls dispatched to the FD with non-emergency calls of Metro moving nursing home patients. Imagine trying to listen to a fireground and getting that...

GA184

No,1rwn9, Its already difficult tring to monitor a specific call on a specific tac channel when your listening to CAMS=(Cobb,Austell,Marietta & Smyrna). ems would just make it more confusing. I like CAMS the way it is now. See ya on the CAD. Later

Status
Not open for further replies.