Cobb County P25

Status
Not open for further replies.

Metrofire31

Premium Subscriber
According to several of the CCFD firefighters, Cobb Fire will transition to the P25 system - GEWIN here on radioreference.com - in about five weeks. Be listening for the new talk groups so we can get them listed here on RR.

relicwr

Premium Subscriber
Are they crazy? You can't rely on digital for firefighters. You get packet loss on transmissions and you're screwed! STAY TRUNKED ANALOG OR CONVENTIONAL.

b7spectra

EMS Dispatcher
When CCFD is on the scene, they always have a FF with their radio on the ITAC channel that is monitored at the scene.

K4DHR

Cobb Co has been digital for over a year now. My brother-in-law works at Sta 23 in Powder Springs and showed me their new setup. Its basically a HT tied into a constant power source and connected to the antenna on the roof of the station. I forget what ridiculous sum of money the county spent just on the station radio, I think he said around $10k for the whole setup.

b7spectra

EMS Dispatcher
Yes, Cobb has been digital for years, but the FD, EMS and CCT are still analog. The only thing that is digital for FD is the MOSCAD and the MDT's. Every so often, you will hear FD come up on the P25, but from what I was told was that if they hit the "home" button on their radio, it switches to the P25 instead of the analog channel. Dispatch tells them to "switch back to analog" everytime.

b7spectra

EMS Dispatcher
While on the way into work today, I heard Cobb Fire E12 come up on the Smyrna Fire channel (P25) with radio checks. Must be getting close to cutting over!

Status
Not open for further replies.