Cobb County Z3 Police Officer Shot Manhunt Underway Right Now in Cobb

Status
Not open for further replies.

Casey

2/4l14 3am Cobb Zone 3 officer shot and suspect took off in a dark color Volvo...vehicle found in Z3 and manhunt is presently ongoing if anybody is listening this morning. Traffic on Z3, Z4, GSP Marietta, and Marietta PD. 4:18am teams now on Cobb OPS 1. 4:33am Officer will survive, shot in vest and or arm.

Last edited:

wsvjr

Update, they got them, 3 suspects in custody. Officer will be okay it sounds like.

It was a massive response Cobb, Atlanta, Smyrna, Marietta, GSP, and even Sandy Springs officers were on scene. Thats all I know for now.

Last edited:

MTS2000des

5B2_BEE00 Czar
GREAT news. I am grateful for the men and women who put their lives on the line to make my county a safer place to be, despite being woefully unsupported by their county commissioners.

Now Tim Lee and the board o' bubbas. if you don't think for a second that we need more officers on the beat, especially in zone 2 and 3, then all of you have your heads firmly installed into your respective rectums.

PCT 3 seems to be getting into 10-80's every single day and shift. WE NEED MORE OFFICERS ON THE BEAT not new radios, fancy patrol cars, or other junk.

and we need them yesterday.

wsvjr

I can't say too much but the positions are not the problem. They have PLENTY of openings the problem is there is no one qualified applying. There are other agencies out there that are paying more and with better benefits and retirement, Cobb Police simply has nothing great to offer anymore besides their training which is second to none.

The department supposedly had to cancel several PT tests that were scheduled because we didn't have enough applicants to justify it. Let it be known, the issues in Cobb are real and now an officer has been injured, while its not directly related to my knowledge, I have heard that PCT 3 is understaffed.

So please write e-mails and letters to the commissioners and the county manager. I don't believe it's too late but it may soon be.

MTS2000des

5B2_BEE00 Czar
I can't say too much but the positions are not the problem. They have PLENTY of openings the problem is there is no one qualified applying. There are other agencies out there that are paying more and with better benefits and retirement, Cobb Police simply has nothing great to offer anymore besides their training which is second to none.

Well, Tim Lee and his goodbuddies must really like the way their colon smells because they clearly have their craniums firmly implanted up their rectums.

I read former director Forsythe's (who was EXCELLENT) letter of resignation, and he tried to sound the alarm, which fell on deaf ears. When he pushed the issue, the good ol' boy came out of Hankerson and he pushed back.

As a lifelong resident (born in this county), I am not going to stand for this crap. I do NOT want to see this become the next DeKalb or Clayton county when it comes to crime and corruption.

Let it be known, the issues in Cobb are real and now an officer has been injured, while its not directly related to my knowledge, I have heard that PCT 3 is understaffed.

Oh I know they are first hand! When I had to call PCT 3 for a report on some psychotic convicted stalker who started harassing me, it took a good HOUR for a unit to come to my residence in PCT 3 18 beat. There were no hot calls running (I was listening) and it was not during shift change. They were just busy running calls back to back.

This county hemmorhages money like a drunk urinates, capricious spending on unneeded expenditures (e.g, the upcoming 13 million dollar P25 phase 2 upgrade), yet we see cut after cut to services: closing senior centers, cutting library hours, and the worst in recent history was when STEP sat idle on July 4th weekend back in 2012.

So please write e-mails and letters to the commissioners and the county manager. I don't believe it's too late but it may soon be.

It's past that point. The county commission needs a serious enema. About the only one who isn't too far gone is Commissioner Cupid. But then, she is not "from" here so go figure.

The house of turds that has become the commission needs to collapse, or we are destined to become the next place to be FROM and experience the same mass exodus that Clayton and Dekalb experience. People WILL sell out and leave as crime increases, traffic becomes impossible, and taxes go through the roof.

It is long time we get some real brains back in the county commission, when Sam Olens left, it went to crap fast. The current collection of mouth breathers is working overtime to kill our quality of life.

And their lack of support for the police department is a prime example of their priorities, or lack thereof.

I used to brag and boast about what a great place this is to live, work and raise a family. I honestly cannot do that anymore.

We are on a race to waste, and the corruption surrounding the stadium deal stinks worse than a fart in a parked car in the summertime.

I am glad the officer is recovering, and that the dirtbag and co are in custody.

To all of you with CCPD/CCSO who have to work for people who do not support you but expect and demand the world of you, WE THE PEOPLE truly appreciate what you do for us.

MTS2000des

5B2_BEE00 Czar
hmm..sounds like some have had run-ins with the Cobb county police prehaps? :D

This was (and still is) a much better place to be than other parts of Atlanta.

Fortune 500 companies aren't scrambling to relocate to mouth breatherville po-dunk counties. Last I checked, Home Depot wasn't planning on fleeing for rural north Georgia.

We just have to clean the county commission of it's current crop of inept morons. Once we do that, we will be good to go. Our police department will once again LEAD where OTHERS follow.

Keeping top notch public safety will keep out the undesirables, you know, meth labs, rental trailer parks, child molesters, stalkers and other vagabond scum.

BACK ON TOPIC about Office Charles Vill's shooting, he had minor surgery yesterday and is expected to make a full recovery.

The predicate convicted felon, drug dealing vagabond scumbag, James Philips, was denied bond. Hopefully, this piece of human trash will be put in prison for the rest of his life.

Suspect in Cobb officer

Too bad all of us (regardless of what county) Georgia taxpayers will pick up the bill for the housing, feeding, health care and "rehabilitation" of this vagabond grifter for the next few decades.

If/when he is released, maybe the next person he tries to murder will be quicker on the trigger and waste him and do us all a favor in the process.

My best wishes to Officer C.A. Vill for you to make a full recovery, and hopefully you choose to return to serving our community. You have many of us citizen/taxpayers here to welcome you back to your beat.

Status
Not open for further replies.