Cobb GEWIN APCO-25 System

Status
Not open for further replies.

RickW

Does anyone know if you have to program only the 2 Primary Control Freqs into the Cobb Digital System or do you use all 4 Contol Freqs that include the Cobb & Atlanta sites if you want to program a 396T Handheld.

Thanks, Rick.

rmiller818

I have them programmed as 2 separate sites in my 396XT as they are 2 sites.

All traffic is always carried on the Cobb site, so for sure program those 2 control channels in.

Only some of the traffic (usually Cobb PD Z-4, Z-3, and STEP) is carried on the Atlanta site.

b7spectra

EMS Dispatcher
And please don't call it GEWIN, it took a good year to get it changed to the Cobb DTRS system here. The site is owned and operated by Cobb County and is part of the GEWIN network, as a matter of fact, the ONLY DTRS that is part of it - Atlanta, DeKalb, Gwinnett, Hall, Forsyth apparently decided NOT to be part of it.

RickW

Thanks for the feedback...I live in ZN 4, beat 414 so it sounds like I will leave all 4 control channels plugged in just to be safe so I don't miss any action on CCFD, EMS and CCPD.
Thanks, Rick.

rmiller818

Thanks for the feedback...I live in ZN 4, beat 414 so it sounds like I will leave all 4 control channels plugged in just to be safe so I don't miss any action on CCFD, EMS and CCPD.
Thanks, Rick.

I should mention, I don't usually turn on the Atlanta site unless I am in Atlanta and cannot hear the Cobb site. All the Atlanta site is doing is simulcasting a few of the talkgroups. So it is not like there would be traffic on the Atlanta site that would not be heard if monitoring the Cobb site. If a zone 4 unit keys his mike, you would hear him at the same time on both systems.

Status
Not open for further replies.