cobourg motorola

Status
Not open for further replies.

randyf

still trying to figure this all out
looks like cobourg town has switched over to dmr using old motorola frequencys . 860.0375 and 860.2875 showing flashing cap , tafl showing this as public works ... i have not heard cobourg fire on fleetnet in a few days , turris is providing new system for then now .

randyf

thank you parents living in cobourg during my visits i have scanned through 400 to 500 mhz and up through 800 mhz found nothing i think this 149.495 was used by the county in analog

VA3DBJ

Ontario Database Admin
Database Admin
It was one of their engineering channels.*It must have just gone live as it was on my search list for a while now and started getting hits*yesterday. *I am wondering if any of the other Northumberland*departments might start popping up on it. TG300 seems to be a odd setup if it is just*Cobourg fire.

randyf

picked up cramahe towship awhile back on dmr there is some channels not listed in the data base on r.r they are using,northumberland county has taken over dispatch and a new radio platform for the whole county first step was to have one central dispatch instead of 7 diffrent providers , there is talk of all of the whole county fire depts switching over as radios need replacing for each fire dept .trent hills just spent 80.0000 on a new tower and radios last year so i cant see trent hills waiting till the current radios age ibet they will buy all new gear again , i have noticed that the new tower trent hills fire put up last year has some new antennas added to it recently

VA3DBJ

Ontario Database Admin
Database Admin
I did a search on IC last weekend*for all the data for 30*km of my location and imported it into my 563HP*and just let it scan all on*them. It is easy to pick out the Work channels with all the snowplowing going on. last night*it stopped on one of the Cramaha channels (152.645) and two guys were testing, so*it sounded like it was*being turned up, but*they could have been just been working on it.

I know that the fire*has being dispatched from Peterborough for awhile now, but I am still surprised that they have so many frequencies on the go. Maybe this might be a sign on consolidation on the start. The 149 frequency is licensee across the county, so maybe*we'll have to wait and see who else jumps on.

VA3DBJ

Ontario Database Admin
Database Admin
That is the one I use most of the time as well, but the data is a year old now, and wont be updated since they trashed the TAFL database files. I did managed to download the cvs file from IC, when it works, and imported it. I did notice that if you do small searches, the file export does work. But as usual, the site is useless this weekend as its giving the 500 error.

But Jonathan's site is still very useful.

i have noticed that the new tower trent hills fire put up last year has some new antennas added to it recently

The new antennas are for amateur radio repeater VE3KFR on 145.330 MHz. The installation was in October 2016 and is the cover story of the January 2017 issue of The Canadian Amateur from Radio Amateurs of Canada (RAC). They are using separate antennas for transmit and receive, which is why two more antennas appeared on the tower. It's located at 44.284114, -77.916384 if you want to take a look on Google Maps. The top antenna is for Trent Hills Fire on 155.670 MHz.

randyf

ahh ok i also recall fire chief mention trent hills publick works moving their gear over to that tower also at some point , i thought it was either that or to do with county fire upgrade

mikewazowski

Forums Manager/Global DB Admin
Staff member
Forums Manager
149.4950Mhz is an old Emergency Measures Ontario frequency which is still licenced in various municipalities.

randyf

picked up cobourg fire on said freq lost signal east of cty 45 on cty 22 , the motorola for town seems to be off line now the frequencys are showing dmr now

Status
Not open for further replies.