• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Cobra 29lx LCD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Got a new 2017 kenworth t680 dual whips on the plastic mirror (not west coast seems to be the new fad with trucks) installed my cobra 29 lx LCD and it kept giving me antenna warning so I changed out the fiberglass whips with Wilson 3000 antennas. Mind you I only have access to the built in swr meter at this point. What concerns me is the swrs are inconsistent( anywhere from practically nothing to 2.5-1). My omn meter is out of commission work the minute

mmckenna

I ♥ Ø
With the type of mirrors, it's likely that you'll need 1/2 wave antennas since they usually don't provide enough of a ground plane for the other types to work well.

As for the internal meter giving odd readings:
1. part of that is due to the wrong antennas.
2. those internal meters are notoriously inaccurate.

teufler

do the plastic mirror mounts display a ground? I know the antenna , coax, is grounded through the antenna connection, though not the best ground.

do the plastic mirror mounts display a ground? I know the antenna , coax, is grounded through the antenna connection, though not the best ground.
Sorry for the late response. I don't get much time for forums anymore. Put the omn meter to it to test it, seems I need to ground the mount. Also got an external swr meter (as the built in meter is not reliable) and tried it dry and in the rain. Swr's spike high in dry weather but nill to one when raining. Just a thought though I had the radio in a cascadia with the Wilson mirror mount, high end coax, k40 mount and antenna. Read the same as I currently am replaced the coax with the cheap coax from pilot never has a problem with swr's

Sent from my HTC6545LVW using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.