Cochise Fire West? arizona cochise county hereford sierra vista palominas

radiyate

Retired sloth
Does anybody know the frequency and specs for Cochise Fire West?
When traveling through locations like Hereford AZ.
Dispatch assigns incidents to Fire West.
Uniden SDS200 DB is up to date zip; Tried zip's 85615 (hereford) 85635 (sierra vista)
Services enabled: Fire Dispatch, Fire TAC, Fire Talk.
I'm guessing one of the following:
1. It IS in the DB but has wrong data settings e.g. mis-categorized Service name, zip, etc.
2. It is NOT in the DB.
RR database csv does not list a FIRE WEST.
Cochise county RR files available downloaded and reviewed:
ctid_105.csv
Conventional Report for Santa Cruz County-96857-county-105.pdf
(I know, county name seems wrong)

radiyate

Retired sloth
More:
Only getting hits from fire dispatch when Service type LAW DISPATCH is ON. "SO-2" Dispatches fire and assigns Fire West, fire dispatch only heard on Service type LAW. Here's some serial data from scanner: "Sheriff - SO-2" 155.655000MHz Sheriff - SO-2 CTCSS 114.8Hz-CTCSS 114.8Hz Cochise Cochise County...

For what it's worth, here's another puzzler: where's Fire East? LAW Dispatch called "SO-1" assigns to Fire East. Channel in RR DB: Cochise County 155.040000MHz Sheriff - SO-1. BTW have never heard any Law activity (SO activity) on these channels, 155.655000MHz or 155.040000MHz.

Monitoring fire situations in this area is critical due to lightning and fuel. Thanks in advance for any help.

Last edited:

GlobalNorth

Premium Subscriber
It's been a long time since I roamed around Douglas, Elfrida, Naco, and the like. Is Cochise County still mostly covered by Fire Districts? They were everywhere, even in little towns like Pirtleville.

It's dated now, but here is a list of all the public FDs [w/o Federal agencies] from 2012: http://www.tucsonfirefoundation.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/Fire-Dept.-Dist-Arizona.pdf

Given that there's a Cochise Fire West... is it a public subscription company? It may just be a name and without an "East" section.

If you are on FB, give these people a shout and perhaps they can point you in the right direction: "Cochise County Fire & Incident Awareness Group".

GlobalNorth

Premium Subscriber
I've searched the Corporation Commission with no results and there is no mention of them in the Cochise County emergency management plan.

Could CFW simply be a radio dispatch zone?

KB7MIB

Yes. To the OP, when you say "Dispatch assigns incidents to Fire West," who do you mean by "Dispatch"? What are you actually listening to when you hear the dispatcher refer to "Fire West"?

It reads as he's listening to the Sheriff's Office. He's hearing fires being assigned to Cochise Fire West when listening to SO-2, and Cochise Fire East when listening to SO-1.

So he's looking for the frequencies for the tactical channels designated Fire West and Fire East.

John
Peoria

DanRollman

Database Admin
It reads as he's listening to the Sheriff's Office. He's hearing fires being assigned to Cochise Fire West when listening to SO-2, and Cochise Fire East when listening to SO-1.

So he's looking for the frequencies for the tactical channels designated Fire West and Fire East.

John
Peoria

Sheriff is on 700 MHz. Guessing those repeaters have been repurposed to fire channels. Seems perhaps a big shake up of VHF frequencies in Cochise with new names and uses.

Paysonscanner

It's been a long time since I roamed around Douglas, Elfrida, Naco, and the like. Is Cochise County still mostly covered by Fire Districts? They were everywhere, even in little towns like Pirtleville.

It's dated now, but here is a list of all the public FDs [w/o Federal agencies] from 2012: http://www.tucsonfirefoundation.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/Fire-Dept.-Dist-Arizona.pdf

Given that there's a Cochise Fire West... is it a public subscription company? It may just be a name and without an "East" section.

If you are on FB, give these people a shout and perhaps they can point you in the right direction: "Cochise County Fire & Incident Awareness Group".

That is a very useful document. Thank you for providing a link to it. I wonder if there is something more current than the 2009 date shown on it? I might take the time to pencil in the dispatch frequency for each district so that I don't have to hunt through the rest of the stuff in my Arizona notebook.

radiyate

Retired sloth
Sheriff is on 700 MHz. Guessing those repeaters have been repurposed to fire channels. Seems perhaps a big shake up of VHF frequencies in Cochise with new names and uses.
Agreed. VHF channel appears to be repurposed frequency but RR DB description is old. Fire Dispatch South Cochise probably homed on 700mhz P25P2 system along with rest of mutual services. No fire trunking hits on scanner. Probably not in RR database. The VHF frequencies with fire probably retransmit relays for backward compatibility with fire pagers and volunteer firemen. Somebody correct me if i'm wrong but RR database for area seems circa 2012, may need overhaul.

DanRollman

Database Admin
Somebody correct me if i'm wrong but RR database for area seems circa 2012, may need overhaul.

The database is only as current as the submissions RR receives. If no one has identified more recent changes in Cochise County and submitted them to RR, the database can't be overhauled.

apco25

Batlabs OG
Amundsen-Scott South Pole Station, Antarctica
The OP really needs to explain himself better. Which "dispatch" are you listening to? There's no fire activity on C-COM 700 Phase 2 system. It's the SO, SVPD, Tombstone, Huachuca City PD. Unless something has suddenly changed fire radio is scattered a cross a range of VHF repeaters for the small towns and or fire district. The old VHF analog or P25 system doesn't have any use on it since the 700 system went online.

radiyate

Retired sloth
Specs are above repeat here
Aug 16, 2020 Only getting hits from fire dispatch when Service type LAW DISPATCH is ON. "SO-2" Dispatches fire and assigns Fire West, fire dispatch only heard on Service type LAW. Here's some serial data from scanner: "Sheriff - SO-2" 155.655000MHz Sheriff - SO-2 CTCSS 114.8Hz-CTCSS 114.8Hz in RR DB system named "Cochise" department "Cochise County...
providing additional detail: dispatch is referred to as SEACOM by units calling, websites say this is a regional dispatch center that provides for county and municipal emergency services meaning Southeastern Arizona Communications (SEACOM). Scanner shows Channel as "Sheriff's Dispatch" and "SO-2" per above quote. The RR DB is almost certainly out of date needing update. 155.655000MHz is no longer Sheriff, repurposed as SEACOM West Fire Dispatch (re-transmitted simulcasted or whatever you'd call that kind of rebroadcast on different spectrum). Have heard SEACOM was lead on switching to trunking several year ago., Update the DB? Am sure others would appreciate update too but am not frequently in area, have run discovery on uniden SDS200 during transit and not captured hearing of "Fire West" chat or any unknown talk groups and I don't have the knowhow for discovering or finding what's probably on a non-listed trunking system carrying all the main mutual aid trunking fire system containing all fire, probably on 700mhz. Maybe 800Mhz, but it's not one of the systems in the RR DB. If someone can post trunking frequency groups to explore that aren't in the db, am willing to try set scanner for discovery when in area. Am not adverse to doing work for this community but I need a little help here. Hope it's not the case that nobody lives in Cochise that subscribes to RR? Hoping someone here knows someone anywhere in Cochise county and knows more then me. If someone could send some instructions, guidance and new systems,frequencies info an I might be able to assist updating my copy of the DB and sending to the appropriate party at RR... please go easy on me ;-), never done this before. Anyway. Thank you all in advice for any help.

apco25

Batlabs OG
Amundsen-Scott South Pole Station, Antarctica
These two call signs are expired since 2014 and the frequencies aren't on another license they currently maintain. The correct call sign is WQWR598. I've submitted this to the data base for correction.

155.04000 WQBK278RM114.8 PLCCSO SO-1Sheriff - SO-1FMNLaw Dispatch
155.65500 WQBH832RM114.8 PLCCSO SO-2Sheriff - SO-2FMNLaw Dispatch

Last edited:

radiyate

Retired sloth
Ok so here's an update: Those are indeed rebroadcast fire channels. Still looking for the trunking system.

From retired emcomm operator down by bisbee. An organization called SEACOM was established circa 2018 and all public emergency services were to be moved to 700mhz trunking for firstnet compatibility (funding). VHF is used for spot coverage cause it's a big place down there with mountains and 100% UHF 700 and 800mhz coverage impractical, and some municipalities didn't get enough funding for all the equipment needed, etc. But the highest density areas are using trunking. For them, VHF is a backup. This is weird, said some frequency information might not be posted "permanently" on websites.(Not nice). Need to search paper at official offices (not first time have heard this story).

So those two freqs just posted above are repurposed to utilize vhf equipment for "rf hole coverage" and have wide area coverage and include use of cheap fire tone pagers so 155.04000 and 155.65500 are wide-area translator repeaters and links to trunking with fire dispatch only restated
*155.65500 =Fire West (actually West="south"-ish includes areas along the international border),
*155.04000 =Fire East (actually East="north"-ish includes interstate I-10 corridor).
Said Fire did move to trunking thinks 700mhz, maybe 800. Passed on a partial story from the news. also found on https://www.cochise.az.gov/sheriff/communications-division which doesn't talk about frequency stuff but does date some big changes.

"Southeastern Arizona Communications (SEACOM) is a joint initiative by Cochise County and Sierra Vista to create an independent 911 Communications Center serving all of Cochise County. SEACOM went live on July 18, 2018 when both Cochise County Sheriff’s Department dispatch staff and Sierra Vista Police Department’s dispatch staff moved into a new facility together. Currently SEACOM dispatches for all Cochise County Sheriff’s office, Huachuca City Police Department, Sierra Vista Police Department, Sierra Vista Fire & Rescue, Fry Fire District, and 18 other rural fire departments. SEACOM is authorized for 29 employees, including the Director, two Assistant Directors, a GIS staff person, and 24 Communications Officers."

If you're into puzzlers, this is a good 'n...

Foresigt

So to add to it, some of the small fire districts/departments and there are quite a few in Cochise county, are still using VHF. I was recently in a radio room installing equipment where one of them has their repeater. They told me it only covers about 20 square miles but most of their district is in a hole and dispatch couldn't hear them without it. I don't have any frequencies because I was there installing other stuff and had difficulties getting done what I had to do.

But, I can confirm that not all comms are on the SEACOM system.

radiyate

Retired sloth
Some terms of reference seem to be used ref Cochise County fire and SEACOM (dispatch command center).
Fire West tends to physically be Fire South (Whetstone and south)
Fire East tends to physically be Fire North (Usually incidents on Interstate 10, maybe call it North-East)
Maybe someone knows of a fire district map of Cochise County (CC)...
One more CCIA Cochise County Inter Agency (Inter agency fire?)