Coconino County Sheriffs Office

APSN556

Premium Subscriber
I've been hearing Coconino County Deputies and dispatch refer to channels as "two lincoln" and other "lincoln" channels. Usually, it's Deputies on 2A or 2B asking if "two Lincoln" is turned on or not. Last week, Niles Radio was doing work on the "two Lincoln" channel according to a couple of deputies chatting on 2B. These arent listed in the radio reference database, nor in the FCC database yet. I'm wondering if they might be adding 800mhz channels like FD and PD? Just curious.

GlobalNorth

Premium Subscriber
Liaison channels to Flag/ASU/NAU? UHF channels within CCSO or to the County Highway Dep't? Microwave links?

VHF makes more sense than 700/800 MHz in a significantly forested county.

They are/were working a rescue at Woods Canyon lake when 3 people decided to walk on the frozen lake and the ice gave way. One is still missing.

APSN556

Premium Subscriber
Liaison channels to Flag/ASU/NAU? UHF channels within CCSO or to the County Highway Dep't? Microwave links?

VHF makes more sense than 700/800 MHz in a significantly forested county.

They are/were working a rescue at Woods Canyon lake when 3 people decided to walk on the frozen lake and the ice gave way. One is still missing.
Not sure. They have been talking about this mysterious "lincoln" channel for a couple of weeks now. Today's incident at Woods Canyon was being handled on VAIRS and SAR Five.

ScanRite

Premium Subscriber
Attached is all the frequencies I could find for Coconino Sheriff. I'd plug them all in with Tone Search and see what you get.

Attachments

• coconino.txt
    530 bytes · Views: 36

DonWetter

Premium Subscriber
Perhaps O'Leary Peak NE of Flagstaff at ~8900 ft? I think CCSO used "L" on some fire responses sometime back.