Code Alpha Five

Status
Not open for further replies.

zonian149

Last night on 372.2 I recorded a comm and they were talking about unloading Code Alpha Five and Code Alpha Six passengers. Anyone have any idea what they were refering to?--Gary

SCPD

QRT
I commonly hear Alpha-1 or 2 which seems to be equipment failure writeups. I haven't discovered an official "decode" list though. :)

TinEar

Gary and Ed, you're talking about two different things. First, they use maintenance codes to describe the condition of the aircraft. Normally, military transports use Alpha 1, 2 or 3 and fighters use Code 1, 2 or 3. Code/Alpha 1 indicates no problems, 2 indicates minor writeups and 3 indicates major problems that will affect the ability of the aircraft to carry out its mission.

Then there are Distinguished Visitor codes that depend on rank and service or agency. For a full list of DV codes (although I don't think this list breaks down the first letter) and the protocol that surrounds them, here is a link:
http://www.e-publishing.af.mil/pubfiles/macdillafb/35/macdillafbi35-200/macdillafbi35-200.pdf

Alan

eorange

♦Insane Asylum Premium Member♦
I just heard this tonight also on 372.2 - reference to three Alpha 5's and one Alpha 6. Comms were booming in very strong.

Status
Not open for further replies.