Codes for Hatzolah EMS

Status
Not open for further replies.

JackRoberts23

Was Justin Schmidt
Well I'm just trying to figure it out. I thought they use MDC1200 but I guess I could be wrong.

a417

U+0000
Well I'm just trying to figure it out. I thought they use MDC1200 but I guess I could be wrong.
They can use both. We did the exact same thing, as did many departments for over 30 years.

They can use MDC1200 for identification & QCII for selective calling.

JackRoberts23

Was Justin Schmidt
Ok. I think I have it programmed, just waiting for a call in my area, will post it it works. If not I’ll try and troubleshoot the issue

62Truck

Ordinary Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
They use MDC calling and not Quick Call.

For someone who is unsure of what they are using, I find it hard to believe that you have the info for the MDC system they are using....

JackRoberts23

Was Justin Schmidt
The reason I have the info for the MDC system is because I have looked through many forums on this topic and found some information. If you would like to help me program my radio, that would be great. Otherwise, please don’t be a smart Alec when I’m just trying to learn about this stuff

62Truck

Ordinary Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
The reason I have the info for the MDC system is because I have looked through many forums on this topic and found some information. If you would like to help me program my radio, that would be great. Otherwise, please don’t be a smart Alec when I’m just trying to learn about this stuff

Depending on the exact model number of your HT1250LS it might not work. How many channels does your 1250 hold?
You're going to have to create a channel and MDC system for each group.

JackRoberts23

Was Justin Schmidt
My radio holds 16 channels. I’m not sure what you mean by and MDC system for each group. What group? The conventional personality?

62Truck

Ordinary Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
Kinda of a moot point right now, if your 1250 LS will only hold 18 channels, it will not do MDC signaling which you will need in order to set the radio up for the groups that you only want to hear.

62Truck

Ordinary Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
I thought all 1250s only held 16 channels?

The 1250's come in many differently flavors. Plan jane HT1250 will do 128 channels with full DTMF, QC, and MDC signaling options.

The 1250LS and LS+ models come in either 18, 32, 64, or 128. The 18 channel models usually do not have any signaling options.

62Truck

Ordinary Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
Like I mentioned before.. HT1250LS and LS+ models are either 18, 32, 64, or 128 channels.

Sounds like you may only have 16 channels programmed in it.

JackRoberts23

Was Justin Schmidt
Ok. My radio holds 128 channels and can hold 16 channels per zone.
Wrong info. I ran the serial number and model number, called Motorola and they said that my radio only holds 16 channels. I even met with one of the members of Hatzolah looked at his radio, and it is also a 16 channel radio. He has a Motorola HT1250LS+. There has got to be a way to program the MDC signaling onto mine which is an HT1250LS.

Quickcall

Premium Subscriber
Wrong info. I ran the serial number and model number, called Motorola and they said that my radio only holds 16 channels. I even met with one of the members of Hatzolah looked at his radio, and it is also a 16 channel radio. He has a Motorola HT1250LS+. There has got to be a way to program the MDC signaling onto mine which is an HT1250LS.
There is not. You do not have the correct radio. The HT1250LS+ does NOT support MDC1200.

JackRoberts23

Was Justin Schmidt
So then how can Hatzolah members hear a certain area with the same radio as me without having to monitor the entire NY system?

Quickcall

Premium Subscriber
So then how can Hatzolah members hear a certain area with the same radio as me without having to monitor the entire NY system?
The dispatcher sends out a specific MDC call alert for a specified area. Upon a radio receiving that specific page for that area it will beep and open the radio. You would have to know the MDC sel call codes for each area. The LS+ models will not do MDC1200.

Status
Not open for further replies.