Codes

Status
Not open for further replies.

DickH

Where can I find out what the scanner codes are for Portland Oregon ?
Thank you

If you mean frequencies, you can find them in the database. It is in the blue box along the top of this page.

PMJ2kx

Premium Subscriber
Here is a list of 10 codes, if that is what you're looking for.

Official Ten-Code List

While that list is accurate for the most part, there are moderate changes that apply to the Portland Metro area. For instance, here in Washington County, 10-15 is arrest / custody, 10-35 is info (sometimes sensitive), 10-52 is officer check (10-53 is reply for no checks needed), and 10-97 is unit on scene.

I'm not sure if Multnomah or Clackamas counties follow suit. And OSP uses 12-codes.

Otto

If you are talking about Portland Police, their codes are sort of a mish mash of various standards, They use some of those ten codes listed, along with some CRISS codes and some OSP 12 codes. I was sort of confused at first listening when I moved to Portland, but soon picked up what was going on since I was already fluent in radio protocol from a stint as a Reserve Police Officer in California. If you listen long enough, you can sort of figure out what the are talking about.

KD0OTK

While that list is accurate for the most part, there are moderate changes that apply to the Portland Metro area. For instance, here in Washington County, 10-15 is arrest / custody, 10-35 is info (sometimes sensitive), 10-52 is officer check (10-53 is reply for no checks needed), and 10-97 is unit on scene.

I'm not sure if Multnomah or Clackamas counties follow suit. And OSP uses 12-codes.

Of course. Codes are always going to vary by area.

Gezelle007

Lurker in the Deep
Premium Subscriber
Portland does have some weird standards, like the 10-4 code meaning "Im ok, no assistance needed" instead of the usual "Code-4".

And WCCCA (Washington County) is a bit odd with their whole 10-52 procedure. If you don't respond to the dispatchers 10-52 call with "Affirmative" or "Affirmative, Code-4" They get pissed at you..

PMJ2kx

Premium Subscriber
Portland does have some weird standards, like the 10-4 code meaning "Im ok, no assistance needed" instead of the usual "Code-4".

And WCCCA (Washington County) is a bit odd with their whole 10-52 procedure. If you don't respond to the dispatchers 10-52 call with "Affirmative" or "Affirmative, Code-4" They get pissed at you..
Downright nasty would be more accurate. Do it wrong enough times and they'll call a Signal 2 on you! :p

W2NJS

Dick,

You are so right and it happens all the time. I attribute it to what I call "casual user syndrome" where the OP checks in like every three weeks.

Regards,

Tom, W2NJS

Status
Not open for further replies.