Codiac RCMP on several Frequencies

Status
Not open for further replies.

cacherjoe

Hey,

While at work the other day, I left my HP1 (10 days old and already broken) in discovery mode in my truck. I found a few frequencies that Codiac RCMP is simultaneously broadcasting on. Their main frequency is 154.755 but found them also broadcasting on 421.4375 and 426.4375. Obviously one is the RX of the repeater. Likely a redundant system, but does anyone know the background to the separate frequencies?

J

Jay911

Silent Key (April 15th, 2023)
Feed Provider
I am thinking the setup is probably similar to how things are here in Alberta. RCMP in Alberta are on 154-156MHz repeaters, which are linked together using link repeaters in the 421MHz range.

RCMP appear to have specific frequencies they have licenses for nationwide - you'll see 421.4375 used for various purposes across the country including both as regular repeaters and on a trunk system in Ontario. I'm willing to bet some of the frequencies in use in your province are 155.55, 155.82, 155.58, 156.09, 156.04, 155.79, and so on - those are common to both Alberta and Newfoundland as well.

Question: I thought RCMP was on the Aliant TMRS in your part of the world?

cacherjoe

Very little as far as trunking here in NB. When I was in Security one of the contracts we managed had trunked radios. They were quite a bit more expensive to buy that the conventional radios. Saint John PD and Fire are on a trunked system also, I believe on the NS system also, but I could be wrong.

cacherjoe

Repair to HP1

Well I have had my HP1 for less than a week and it's broke already. Anyone in the Moncton area good with electronics? The GPS socket came out. I'd rather have someone fix it locally than send it to Texas and not have the unit for a month.

J

OCO

Did you check with who you bought it from? - seems like that would be covered under any 30 day satisfaction guaranteed type policies. If you do decide to void the warranty and get it done locally, get lots of pictures of the guts!:twisted:

cacherjoe

Hey OCO,

I checked with both Uniden and ScannerMaster. Uniden wanted me to send it for repair. ScannerMaster offered to exchange. I prefer the exchange option. I posted on the uniden forum and it doesn't seem as though this is a common thing. I'm thinking I won't have the GPS plugged in all the time as I did initially just to save some wear on the socket. I use to travel quite a bit, but not as much now. I'll keep it unplugged in town now.

J

Status
Not open for further replies.