Cody

Status
Not open for further replies.

Halfpint

Slightly NE of the People's Republic of Firestone
osborne605 said:
Whats going on in Cody ? There are State cops from 4 states Wy, Mt, SD, Utah and all over Wyoming.
First off... Do you happen to live in Cody? If so, what are *you* hearing on your radio?

Second... Offering up a WAG or 2 or 3, and from experience from when I used to live in Wyo, it *could* be several things.

1: It *used* to be that WHP used to throw a big shindig once a year and troopers from many neighboring states used to be invited out of neighborlyness. (Sort of a "let's all get together and `compare notes', `thanks for helping guys', ETC. type of a thing. [The last one of those that I managed to attend was a pretty decent affair. Not too `wild' yet `wild' enough that no one felt `left out' and lots of really good `info' was traded. ])

2: What with the eventual `rollout' of "WyoLink" this *could* be some sort of get together with neighboring States to explain how things are going and what to expect once it does get going. Are there also any SOs and PDs from around the State represented? As with the previous WAG I wouldn't be surprised that they would be holding it in Cody. It's a pretty danged nice place to have a `shindig' / `conference', a *lot* better than lessay Cheyenne or Casper this time of the year. {VB GRIN!} (Again... From personal experience I know that we, my folks and I used to try and *not* be in Casper, and Cheyenne even though we didn't happen to have a place there like we did Casper, this time of the year but preferred to be someplace, in our case up at our place up on Pacific Creek, where it was a *lot* more comfortable. [Heck! *If* we, myself the wife and our 2 children, didn't have all the things we are trying to get done and I still had the place up on Pacific Creek we *would* be up there right now ourselves! It would beat what it is like down here on the farm by a long shot! They are talking about triple digit temps today and tomorrow and nineties to high eighties with no rain or other relief for the foreseeable future!])

3: A *really `long shot'*!... They have some sort of `incident' or `simulated incident' they are working on. Though, for the love of Mike, I don't see them needing what you are describing for something like that *unless* it is something along the lines of the latter deal and they are combining it with something like number 2 above. {WAN GRIN!}

Back to the first thing... You could probably, if you do live there in Cody, learn a lot and maybe be able to tell us more by listening to your radio(s). (If you have more than one that can listen to the WHP and `local' freqs maybe you could have one, or two, programmed for known freqs with another set up to search ranges around those freqs. *I* might also do searches on `business' freqs, the FRS/GMRS freqs, and *maybe* even CB freqs. (Though the latter freqs would *definitely* be a long shot!) I might even also consider trying the other State's freqs. I'd also be keeping an eye on various newspapers, too.

I suspect that *if* someone here in this forum who might happen to have some sort of `connection' within the State can add even more info *if* they can. But, again *if* you happen to live there, *you* are currently probably your `own best resource' until that happens if it happens.

As someone who was `born and raised' in Wyo and who wants to move back ASAP I am very interested in *how* things are currently going and *where* things are going. One thing *I* find `interesting?' is that it seems that, apparently, there aren't any representatives from Colo, Neb, or Idaho? (I can sort of `understand' the dearth of representation from "The People's Republic of Califorarado... err... Colofornia... err... Colorado". {GRIMMACE!} But, I don't know about, or why, there would be none, or very few, from Idaho and Neb? The PRC has enough problems just dealing with `their own people'! EG: The 800# Gorilla known as Denver and the Denver Metro Area!)

Just an `Olde Fart's' 2¢ worth. {WAN GRIN!}

kf7yn

Montana Hiway Patrol, FBI and other Feds were all over Yellowstone and Grand Teton the last week following Hell's Angels and Outlaws. It was almost comical listening to them harrass them. FBI agent was in contact with KOF700 on the South repeater 165.5875.

For everyone's info: Yellowstone is running digital (here and there, not full time) on their normal VHF freqs and some form of secure comms, sounds sort of like chopped up syllables, not sure if it's simple voice inversion or rolling code.

There was a hazmat incident at Grant Village, they were using "common" 168.6125.

SCPD

QRT
When I was there in June it was the same, a mix of: Analog, P25 Digital, and P25 Digital Encryption (does sound like chopped up syllables on a P25 scanner).

Status
Not open for further replies.