coil antenna

Status
Not open for further replies.

mainetrunk

Hi all, I got 40 feet of Beldon cable coiled around a 1-1/2 inch pvc that goes to a uhf 10 UHF Female Jack SO239 Panel Chassis Mount Connectors | eBay bnc to Alinco, Uhf to UHF connection.. The The UHF connector has stereo wire from the connector to a 1-1/2 inch pvc with 40 feet of coiled 16 guage wire that goes to a smaller speaker wire, both are clear coated.. The smaller wire is wrapped around another peice of pvc, 40 feet worth, and then there is the dangling wire from that coil 25 feet away.
So, it starts as dangling wire to 40 foot coil, to another 40 foot coil, to the UHF connection,cable SPLIT, center wire in its hole, and sheilding to a bolt for ground. then 40 feet of coiled Belden to ( bnc ) Reciever. At this time of day, I should have the GAIN up to 4 or 5 while searching 1.600 mhz to 1.900... My GAIN is on 1.. I still have another 100 feet of 16 guage wire and plenty of pvc. I'm gonna go to a bigger pvc diameter for the NEXT experiment. 1st, test this rig i just described on all channels. Those of you with recievers know how much knob turning I'm about to do, LOL...
I guess COILS make the difference. I'll wrap a dang coil around my house, see if E.T is phoning anyone. hahahaha, hope I helped someone

mainetrunk

I just wound the 100 feet of wire on a 2 inch pvc, coming from end of wire, to coil, to 100 foot coil, to 40 foot coil to Alinco, I could do this all day

mainetrunk

1st, tuning.. Too many coils is not a good thing. The 100 foot coil seems to be the main gain maker.. The 40 foot coil gave alot of static. It's easily made. Get 100 feet of 16 gauge wire, put alligator clips on both ends.1 end clams to 2 foot straight copper wire-thick.The other end clips to the uhf connector, and the other clips to the ground bolt. Bnc to belden coax to receiver.. Cant wait for the snow to go, so I can experiment outside with more than 10 feet of stretching distance. Those clips will be grabbing some branches..

mainetrunk

After seeing a video on youtube, I made a coil out of 20 inches of 10 gauge solid wire, made a SMALL coil--about 6 loops, drilled 2 holes in an empty pill bottle. 1 on top, 1 on bottom. Just big enough for the wire to go through. With 2 inches sticking out of both ends, hooked 1 end to 10 feet of 16 gauge stereo wire, dropped it out the window, the other end was attatched to a SO239 UHF female jack flange that I solderred last night. ( a 1 inch peice of 10 gauge wire with a bent over end ) It got rid of even more static. Still, 1,000 more experiments will be done, results posted here. Thanks for reading, Ron

Status
Not open for further replies.