COIRS reception problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

TurkGrave

Trying to pickup the northern franklin county on the new COIRS system( Dublin, Worthington, Delaware etc) on a uniden iv programmed the frequencies and id numbers still not hearing anything any ideas. Thanks for your reply

W8RMH

Feed Provider Since 2012
Trying to pickup the northern franklin county on the new COIRS system( Dublin, Worthington, Delaware etc) on a uniden iv programmed the frequencies and id numbers still not hearing anything any ideas. Thanks for your reply

You don't give enough information for anyone to even begin to help you. Uniden iv ???

Last edited by a moderator:

sporkus69

Premium Subscriber
COIRS Reception issues

I have been having the same issue. I am using a Uniden BCD396T scanner. I have manually scanned around and dont find anything on the published frequencies. My only thought is that I am downtown and could be out of range of the repeater system .

sporkus69

Premium Subscriber
Update

I discovered the Firmwareo n the scanner was 1.09... I updated it to 3.02 and took a drive. As I got closer to Dublin/Worthington, the scanner came to life.

Picky system.....

wa8pyr

Technischer Guru
Staff member
Lead Database Admin
I discovered the Firmwareo n the scanner was 1.09... I updated it to 3.02 and took a drive. As I got closer to Dublin/Worthington, the scanner came to life.

Picky system.....

It's not picky. It's designed to cover only Dublin, Worthington and Delaware County. The farther away from those areas you get, the coverage gets less and less. So it's doing what it is designed to do.

wa8pyr

Technischer Guru
Staff member
Lead Database Admin
Are you using the stock antenna? An 800 MHz antenna like the RS antenna is a must. I can receive the DUB/WOR site in my 1st floor office downtown with my BCD396XT with it.

Must be nice. In my 25th floor office downtown my scanner looks at me like I'm from Mars when I ask it to scan COIRS, no matter what antenna I use.

tk000

Feed Provider
Feed Provider
My scanner only sounds like it's from Mars when it feels like picking up COIRS.

After reading this article (originally posted here), it'll be interesting to see how the new antenna Hilliard will be building will affect COIRS reception.

spikster10

my pro-2096 only picks up gahanna on marcs. guess everything is going 700.i guess one of the new whistler digital scanners may be a good choice. wonder how well they would pick up coirs? especially delaware i work off maxtown rd in the westerville area. any ideas?

Lawndr

I will check the number of bars but I think I may be too close. I get good reception from all the city channels and other small cities that surround Columbus. Thanks, I will get farther away from home to see if it improves. Thank you

spikster10

coires and marcs-ip

i recently purchased a radio shack pro-668 new on ebay for a really good deal.since columbus just switched to marcs-ip.it does a decent job of receiving marcs and coires however being indoors using the rubber duck i sometimes have to move it around to get a good signal

Lawndr

COIRS

i recently purchased a radio shack pro-668 new on ebay for a really good deal.since columbus just switched to marcs-ip.it does a decent job of receiving marcs and coires however being indoors using the rubber duck i sometimes have to move it around to get a good signal

Can we get together and go over some of the keys that I have no idea what they are for?

spikster10

pro-106 digital scanner

does the scanner pick up any of the columbus channels on marcs ip and hilliard coares? I know my pro-96 will not pick up 700mhz and it should pick up coares but it doesnt.My pro 668 runs off a sd card so there no actual program entry keys.I worked for radio shack some years ago so maybe i can be of help.774.28125 is the control channel for columbus and 855.9625 for hilliard. try programming these two frequencys

Status
Not open for further replies.