Cold Lake visitors

Status
Not open for further replies.

coldlake11

I was looking at Flightradar24 over Cold Lake, and there were callsigns CHETA73, 74,71, flying just south of the base. They were not in the CLAWR. These CHETA's were the Air Defense Services Dorniers.

They have civilian transponders on them and one could follow their tactics. Their flight level was all below 5000 ft. as reported on Flightradar24 so I did not pick anything up from my current location. There was also a BRUSR11 that was flying around with them. The best part was these aircraft had civilian transponders on. Probably because the were in civilian airspace on not on the CLAWR.

I am currently digitizing my monitoring operation, which is in a shambles and wish I could have provided some frequencies. But, there you go. Have fun.

SASKGUY306

Premium Subscriber
DADS (AKA Top Aces) is a private company that owns a bunch of military aircraft for use as training aids. Another called AIR USA is the only private owner of a MIG29 that runs as enemy aircraft for training pilots. They are also the ones that purchased the remaining Austrailian F18's that Canada didnt. If you watch FR24, you will notice them off and on in and around all major bases in both canada and the us. Discovery Air Defence Services

Status
Not open for further replies.