Coleman Federal Prison P25p1 System (8CD)

Status
Not open for further replies.

batdude

Florida Db Admin / Florida Forum Moderator

I can only hear this system during band openings - but really surprised there are no TGs listed here for this system.

Got a decent lock and decode this morning, with the following TGs: 002, 003, 016, 017, 019, 032, 034, 050, 052, 054

more to follow.

doug

batdude

I'd imagine their feelings on this are much like MacDill AFB's.
I don't know what that is supposed to mean..... but if this is a secure/non-secure type issue, I would think that a federal prison would be much better served with encryption (that this system doesn't seem to have) - than XYZ police department running AES on their dispatch channels.

d

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber
Thanks for the update, we are working on trying to confirm these systems across the United States. Some have changed to P25 and there are still a number of systems not in the database. For more info check out the Wiki and the thread listed below.

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber
lol, probably.

By any chance, is the NAC for this institute 201? I got a hit on a frequency, I believe it was 410.800, and the NAC was 201, but the only listed thing is FDC in Miami, which is impossible.

Database is showing Coleman NAC is 8CD not 201 and Miami is a TYPE II system with ID of 5936. You should try running Pro96Com on the systems and see what you get.

Last edited:

ScubaJungle

Database is showing Coleman NAC is 8CD not 201. You should try running Pro96Com on the systems and see what you get.
I use DSDPlus Fastlane but I'm not sure if it was a band opening or what, but DSD was unable to decode much of anything besides the NAC. Gonna try again today and see if I can even catch the signal at all .

Edit:
@N1GAW
I have the signal in DSDplus right now. It appears that it wasnt a band opening, it is something near by. The NAC is 201, all of the comms are encrypted, and the frequency is 310.800. the AFB is near by, but they use a different NAC, and have a trunked system which 410.800 is not a part of, so Im confident its not them. Not sure who this is.

Last edited:

sflmonitor

Premium Subscriber
lol, probably.

By any chance, is the NAC for this institute 201? I got a hit on a frequency, I believe it was 410.800, and the NAC was 201, but the only listed thing is FDC in Miami, which is impossible.
This is a Federal Protective Service (FPS) repeater frequency/NAC. The FPS has several repeaters throughout Florida with this frequency/NAC. I believe the locations include Miami/Ft. Lauderdale, West Palm Beach, Tampa, Orlando and posibly other locations.

wardaddy

I don't know what that is supposed to mean..... but if this is a secure/non-secure type issue, I would think that a federal prison would be much better served with encryption (that this system doesn't seem to have) - than XYZ police department running AES on their dispatch channels.

d
The BOP feels the same way and will be implementing encryption very soon. Thank you for bringing this to my attention!

batdude

I am happy you work for an agency.

my experience, however, is that no one

NOT A SINGLE ONE

of the agents that I know - or have known - or maybe didn't know that I did know.... would EVER post something like that on a public message board.

it's a hobbyist forum. If BOP wants to encrypt their comms - then they probably should. I could really care less TBH ... after all, they did blow millions of our dollars on a P25 trunking system.

"open inside B4"
"close sallyport C1"
"prepare B2 for meal time"

yeah, those comms need AES-256.

whatever.

doug

ecps92

Some of us also do [enough said] and many of us know when to post/share our HOBBY vs being a [insert appropriate title of the day]

You want to submit something helpful then do so, you want to run and tell your friends what we do for a Hobby, fine run and tell them

I work for an agency that works very closely with BOP. You would be surprised how many official representatives browse this site.

wardaddy

I am happy you work for an agency.

my experience, however, is that no one

NOT A SINGLE ONE

of the agents that I know - or have known - or maybe didn't know that I did know.... would EVER post something like that on a public message board.

it's a hobbyist forum. If BOP wants to encrypt their comms - then they probably should. I could really care less TBH ... after all, they did blow millions of our dollars on a P25 trunking system.

"open inside B4"
"close sallyport C1"
"prepare B2 for meal time"

yeah, those comms need AES-256.

whatever.

doug
Easy there shpimate. I'm close to retirement, so I pretty much post whatever I want. You can find many examples of me helping people across this forum. I just don't think a high security federal prison's communications system should be monitored. These are federal prisoners, many of which are much smarter than your average convict. Inmates have a lot of time on their hands, and unfortunately, access to outside communications. It has an impact on the safety and security of the facility for inmates to know about certain movements.

batdude

so may I ask - why are you here on rr.com?

are you the keeper of all things holy - the uber secret Coleman Federal Prison Talkgroups?

FYI - i bet it's a very close draw on IQ of a guard vs. IQ of inmate.

Here's an idea of where I am coming from - if somehow, some magic pigeon came into my email inbox every day with the AES crypto key for any radio system - I'd publish them. You know why? Because the likelihood of joe-the-high-IQ criminal having a suitable radio, proper keyfill device and the knowledge how to make it work = 00.00001%

There is only one thing I am not a fan of on this board - and that's internet streaming of LE comms - I have my own opinions on that topic that are not well received - so I keep them to myself.

d

ScubaJungle

Inmates have a lot of time on their hands, and unfortunately, access to outside communications.
Are you serious? "unfortunately, access to outside communications" - they're PEOPLE! So much for ethics and basic human rights, no wonder the prison system is the way it is. When you treat people like animals, they act like animals.

------------

Back to this thread -Turns out I was picking this system up (not on the frequency I posted earlier). I've been trying to help with adding TG's - but so far I've been unsuccessful in picking it up anymore. It seems I can only get it when there's a solid band opening, but I will keep an eye and log if I do get any more.

Status
Not open for further replies.