Colfax Freq

Status
Not open for further replies.

W0JJK

It could be a common freq for the Rescue Squads up in the county. That would be about right for the number squads in the county up there.

was KC0LOD now W0JJK

hilgerone

Most of the comm's in Colfax seem to be on the freq's listed on the colfax page. That 155.100 has been around for quite awhile but I rarely hear it used.

Matt

NeFire242

Premium Subscriber
Ok thanks Matt. Yeah it's not shown on the Colfax page, and it shows it was relicensed or granted back in February. I will have to throw it in the scanner and see if its ever used or anyone talks there.

W0JJK

Upgrade, I get tired of people telling me that I need to upgrade. Why upgrade? Do I enjoy my current license? Yes, so I am good with a tech for now. Thanks for the push though.

W0JJK

Yokoshibu

HF is where its at... imho... there isnt enough activity out here for me on the vhf/uhf repeaters... I am never on the radio in the car on ham stuff when everyone else is.. bummer I dont have a 9-5 job!

NeFire242

Premium Subscriber
Yokoshibu said:
ham stuff

What's YOUR callsign(s)?

How is it you can determine if someone needs to upgrade or not. Looks like techs can do a lot too. I think the cut off is like around 52Mhz and above or something like that. Hard to tell one person what makes them happy or not.

And if there isn't much activity on the local repeaters.. why not start some?

hilgerone

NeFire242 said:
Yeah that looks like it's communications from the squad to the hospital.

So you did pick up some traffic on it? I know that it used to be the fire/rescue freq a while back but when they got the 158.835, I took it out of the scanner. I'll have to put it back in. Come to think of it, it has been awhile since I've hear Schuyler Rescue call in on 39.82.

Matt

Yokoshibu

NeFire242 said:
What's YOUR callsign(s)?

How is it you can determine if someone needs to upgrade or not. Looks like techs can do a lot too. I think the cut off is like around 52Mhz and above or something like that. Hard to tell one person what makes them happy or not.

And if there isn't much activity on the local repeaters.. why not start some?

http://svartifoss2.fcc.gov/reports/callsign.cfm

52mhz... yeah thats still LOS for me. HF is a different world. but so is satellite work!

at 3 am when I am coming home from work people dont respond... dont know why!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.