Colfax/Jasper County

Status
Not open for further replies.

firedawg0069

Recently moved to Colfax and would like to know what the correct frequencies/radio systems are for Colfax Fire and Jasper County as a whole

Last edited:

firedawg0069

I checked the frequency list before posting the above question and noticed that it shows both VHF High and UHF Frequencies so that is the reason that i ask for correct frequencies and radio system as i am considering joining the Colfax Fire Department and want to know what radio, VHF High or UHF, I need to be looking at for purchase

newsphotog

Premium Subscriber
I checked the frequency list before posting the above question and noticed that it shows both VHF High and UHF Frequencies so that is the reason that i ask for correct frequencies and radio system as i am considering joining the Colfax Fire Department and want to know what radio, VHF High or UHF, I need to be looking at for purchase

If you're considering joining the fire department, then maybe you should arrange a meeting with them and you could ask them yourself in addition to talking to them about their requirements and expectations to be a member.

Sisilija

Premium Subscriber
If you're considering joining the fire department, then maybe you should arrange a meeting with them and you could ask them yourself in addition to talking to them about their requirements and expectations to be a member.

Yep!

firedawg0069

If you're considering joining the fire department, then maybe you should arrange a meeting with them and you could ask them yourself in addition to talking to them about their requirements and expectations to be a member.[/QUOTE

WOW!!!!, what a great idea, I never thought about doing that. Now i have suggestion for you, try and catch someone at the station. My job takes me past the fire station numerous times a day and there is never any one there to ask for information.

N0GX

Premium Subscriber
If you're considering joining the fire department, then maybe you should arrange a meeting with them and you could ask them yourself in addition to talking to them about their requirements and expectations to be a member.[/QUOTE

WOW!!!!, what a great idea, I never thought about doing that. Now i have suggestion for you, try and catch someone at the station. My job takes me past the fire station numerous times a day and there is never any one there to ask for information.

I don't think there is any need to bite his head off, he was just offering a suggestion. If you can't find anyone at the fire station, perhaps you could try City Hall, I'm sure they could help you contact the Chief.

bemyax

Feed Provider
I was an administrator for an email account of one of our small local fire departments. No one had been logging into it, so I reluctantly checked to find they were missing some important notifications. They would not respond to attempts to communicate with them, so I finally visited with their county sheriff about it.

What I'm saying is that I concur with that you may need to talk to someone to whom they will listen.

newsphotog

Premium Subscriber

Why are you being so defensive? With Colfax not being a full-time fire department, you'll drive by a lot more times when there's no one there especially during "business" hours since these guys have full-time jobs elsewhere. I am sure they have e-mail or telephone with an answering service. I would also second the suggestion of contacting city hall.

Status
Not open for further replies.