Collaboration - last phase startup

Status
Not open for further replies.

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
At least I HOPE it's the last phase...

Anyway, I mentioned some time ago that this project would be restarting after the holidays - and so it is.

The last phase of this project involves looking at links that exist to other areas from the county level. These often lead to another area in the database that can have files and/or links.

As always, I could use a hand or three with the remaining stuff. I've already targeted off several states - once we get these done, an audit of the US database will need to be done to see if anything has slipped through the cracks. Given the amount of time this project has been ongoing, it wouldn't surprise me in the least. Hopefully it won't be too much.

I'll be contacting the Canadian side shortly.

The zip file (attached) contains a spreadsheet that I developed using data Lindsay gave me. It lays out everything by state pretty well. There are separate columns for each type of data, and often that data is either a link or a type of file.

One thing that is a bit disturbing is the number of airport links that go to a FAA website that is supposed to show airport diagrams. This site, I am told, changes from month to month, so pointing to a particular page on this website is futile - this would cause numerous changes every month that would need to be fixed. There are NUMEROUS such links.

To address this, the FAA NCSO website has been added to the Federal Aviation Admininstration wiki article. Each airport that points to the FAA NCSO website as a link should be pointing to this instead. To make it easier, I have developed something of a template that can be used. The template would require simply copy/pasting the name and URL of the database entry for the airport, to give it some context. Granted it's a little recursive, but there's little else we can do. I will send the template to whomever chimes in; just let me know which state(s) you are interested in tackling.

Thanks to everyone who has volunteered - and will volunteer for this. Without you, this simply would not have gotten as far as we had.

73 Mike

Attachments

• database migration phase4.zip
    8.3 KB · Views: 97

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
Gotcha Ron. Please send me an email, and I'll attach the spreadsheet as the reply. I created a separate one for the Canadian stuff. thanks es 73 Mike

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
We're making excellent progress - we still need some help for Texas (there's a LOT here) and Wisconsin...73 Mike

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
Everyone please be SURE to track your DB tickets and let me know when your state(s) have been cleaned out. I can't see everyone else's tickets - just mine. The spreadsheet has columns for just this purpose.

When the migration is complete, and all the tickets have been closed, that's when the audit begins.

73 Mike

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
Yeah, all that's left (I think) is parts of Missouri and Oklahoma (I'm doing them), parts of Illinois (I think Starcom21 is looking at these) and the big one - Texas.

Not bad at all...73 and thanks..Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.