Collapsible fabric Yagi antenna

Status
Not open for further replies.

texasemt13

CenTex DBA
Premium Subscriber
I've seen a bunch of Diana Eng's DIYs but never that one. I prefer to use the tape measure beam because my sewing thumbs are a little too large, but I like the "compact-ness" of this yagi.

iMONITOR

Silent Key
Premium Subscriber
I've been experimenting wtih a combination Yagi Antenna / Solar Cell dress! I need to mount it on my mast to test the performance.

Last edited:

k8mcn

yeppers guess it would be ok for fox hunting, but a lot of effort to sew and make'

as for the pic --is that Lady Gaga? or Lady Yagi?

k9rzz

You could sew an 800mhz yagi into your coat sleeve, then as you pointed your arm you would point towards the signal. Hmmm ... or what about a 1296mhz loop yagi for ham satellite work? or a helical antenna for satellites?

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
Ah but beware the RF exposure safety issue - I don't think I'd want to be running any real power on a 800 mhz antenna on my sleeve...no thanks Mike

kb2vxa

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
"yeppers guess it would be ok for fox hunting, but a lot of effort to sew and make"
You'll never catch a fox dressed like that, but you just might attract the attention of a <censored>.

"Ah but beware the RF exposure safety issue - I don't think I'd want to be running any real power on a 800 mhz antenna on my sleeve."
It worked for this guy, you big chicken.

Last edited:

k9rzz

Oh no no ... I'd much rather limt my 800 Mhz exposure to my head, no way I'm doing that to my arm!
icon10.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.