• Effective immediately we will be deleting, without notice, any negative threads or posts that deal with the use of encryption and streaming of scanner audio.

We've noticed a huge increase in rants and negative posts that revolve around agencies going to encryption due to the broadcasting of scanner audio on the internet. It's now worn out and continues to be the same recycled rants. These rants hijack the threads and derail the conversation. They no longer have a place anywhere on this forum other than in the designated threads in the Rants forum in the Tavern.

If you violate these guidelines your post will be deleted without notice and an infraction will be issued. We are not against discussion of this issue. You just need to do it in the right place. For example:
    https://forums.radioreference.com/rants/224104-official-thread-live-audio-feeds-scanners-wait-encryption.html

College admissions scandal

A $500 billion civil lawsuit filed by a parent on Wednesday in San Francisco accused 45 defendants of defrauding and inflicting emotional distress on everyone whose "rights to a fair chance at entrance to college" were stolen through their alleged conspiracy.
U.S. college admissions scandal sparks $500 billion lawsuit

I don't know what to really think. Should I feel sorry for someone that wants to waste untold amounts of money on a prestigious college just to be lectured by a blowhard committed leftist, and then when you graduate with a major is philosophy what job are you really getting? Or should I feel sorry that these actors/actress' kids are dumb as all hell and don't belong in a well-known college?

It gets better.

Their “rapper” son, Malcolm, popped out of the family’s Fifth Avenue building to smoke a giant blunt — while defending his parents and bragging about his latest CD.

“They’re blowing this whole thing out of proportion,” said Malcolm Abbott outside the home that overlooks the Metropolitan Museum of Art. “I believe everyone has a right to go to college, man."
https://nypost.com/2019/03/13/son-d...llege-admissions-scandal-while-smoking-blunt/

What a spoiled little brainless, worthless, pin-headed pothead. The only thing being "blown out of proportion" is your pot smoke.

Here's my "rap song."

Born of greed
wealth corrupts
if it was any worse
gold would rust

Another. LMAO!

what do we know
atoms eventually fade
celestial objects stop
light to dark
the potter's ground grows

-Noir of man

Notice I could care less about poetic style? HAHAHA

Last edited:
This will go away sooner than you think. I'm reading on other threads some influential politicians, including a former president, may be just as guilty as the Hollywood movie stars the press is relentlessly telling us about. I predict a sweep under the rug soon about all this.
What I'm pondering is there is not talk of any disciplinary action towards the schools themselves. Unless I haven't caught it on the news yet.

I don't think it will disappear anytime soon. There's a massive $500 billion with a B law suit and a LOT of pissed off parents and potential students. Add to the mix David Hog and it's a great news worthy story to run on till the farting cows come home. But if something else takes over the news circuit, then it may disappear. But that massive law suit. Damn!