Collier County Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

jack3726

I know there have been some recent changes on the freq's etc. But in putting these in and in doing search mode I am not sure if any PD is on the system anymore, does anyone here marco pd or city of naples. I do hear some EMS and fire. If you look at the database for Collier County it appears allot of the information is dated at best. If anyone else might know what is going on and or what may or may not have changed I would surely appreciate it. Also.. this time of year PD should be very busy.

gcr33

I was over that way about 2 weeks ago and it all seemed to be there. This is not a county wide simulcast system so if you are listening to something like the Imokolee site you will not hear Naples/Marco Island.
This is a true legacy EDACS system so at some point the checkbook has to come out for something to replace the EDACS.

gcr33

Now why would you say they are converting to provoice? The legacy EDACS systems are being phased out and this is an older system. Harris has announced an end of life for EDACS.

Perhaps some P25 is creeping in but provoice is doubtful but not impossible.

WX1SVR

Just noticed this myself. I've been busy for the holidays and fired up the scanner today because VP Biden was heading out of our area and there is usually some motorcade traffic on the trunk. Both scanners are picking up zero. I can hear traffic on individual channels but no trunk tracking. Did they, perhaps, change the LCN or some such thing? I'm getting nothing.

WX1SVR

I'm receiving the trucked system again.

Maybe it was down for a few days - maybe they altered some things for when VP Biden was visiting.

ucbreakingnews

Feed Provider
Everything is working fine with the Collier County system. I am a volunteer firefighter in Immokalee, but live in Naples. I use my scanner almost every day and have had not one issue. They did add a couple frequencies to the Naples Site #1 (which were recently added to Radio Reference in the past months) but besides that CCSO, Marco PD, and Naples PD are all broadcasting, and never went down for any period of time, certainly not a few days.

Regarding an update to the EDACS system, the change has not happened yet, but in 2015 Collier County will be switching to a new system, as all departments will be purchasing new radios soon for the switch. Some Fire/EMS tone changes have also been taking place and I need to update those. I don't know why you all are having so many problems, but as far as I know, everything on this system is working good as ever.

Just to test I'm listening to Naples PD traffic as I type this reply, and it's coming through perfectly.

ucbreakingnews

Feed Provider
Yes, this is correct. During slower times of the day, or week, like weekend days, they patch two channels (02-023 & 02-032) together so they can all be handled by 1 dispatcher. When this occurs the patch channel 15-156 or 15-157 will appear in place of 02-023 or 02-032, and you will hear calls from D2, D4 & D7, D8. But during normal times and when they have 2 dispatchers, the channels will stay separated.

This is explained in the last paragraph of the "Misc System Information" section on this web page.

https://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?sid=210

Last edited:

WX1SVR

Please it is a TRUNK system not a trucked system.

More than a year later with my apologies - it seems the iPad likes to correct trunked to trucked for reasons unbeknownst to me.

I'm sorry that I did not catch the typos when I re-read my posts. I think it goes back to having the proper first and last letter. The rest can be scrambled but our brain knows what the idea is and sorts it out.

Nasby

Hi Chris,
So the Collier EDACS is still active and in the clear?
I'm heading to Marco with the fam for Spring Break and plan to bring my scanner.
Thx!!

WX1SVR

Hi Chris,
So the Collier EDACS is still active and in the clear?
I'm heading to Marco with the fam for Spring Break and plan to bring my scanner.
Thx!!

Seems to be working as usual with the normal outage issues here and there.

Have fun for spring break but keep in mind that Florida has mobile scanner laws. If you are a ham, you are all set. If not, be very careful when using the scanner anywhere outside of a fixed location.

Status
Not open for further replies.